Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel Tap Nut Size and Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fuel Tap Nut Size and Thread

    My fuel tap leaks when turned to reserve (Ironic really, you turn to reserve and it pours out the tap!)

    I want to get a pattern part tap, Anyone know the Nut internal diameter size and thread pitch for the BROS 400 Fuel Tank.

    Again thanks in advance!

    #2
    maybe a rebuild:

    http://www.hawkworks.net/tips/leaky-petcock/
    Last edited by gamorg02; 05-14-2013, 09:11 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      If you mean the outlet of the tank it's M18 x 1.0 -- that's what it is for the Hawk GT... I can only assume they're the same.

      If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

      The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

      Comment


        #4
        Thank guys

        Found a pattern one from a UK supplier for approx 12 its five times the price for the OEM one!

        http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/...-p-214683.html

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by BROSRider View Post
          Thank guys

          Found a pattern one from a UK supplier for approx 12 its five times the price for the OEM one!

          http://www.motorcycleproducts.co.uk/...-p-214683.html
          that looks close, my only concern is the 'on' tube might not be high enough to get out of the tube so there would be no reserve. nice it comes with a filter though.

          Comment


            #6
            Can the tubes be swapped over?

            Yes after looking at the oem one the tube looks a fair bit shorter, thanks for pointing that out.

            Wonder if the gasket is the same size?

            Dont want to lose my reserve!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally Posted by BROSRider View Post
              Can the tubes be swapped over?

              Yes after looking at the oem one the tube looks a fair bit shorter, thanks for pointing that out.

              Wonder if the gasket is the same size?

              Dont want to lose my reserve!
              cheapest way is to rebuild the one you have. take a look at that link above. that gasket was like $3.

              Comment


                #8
                Probably best idea if gasket is so cheap!

                Thanks again

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by BROSRider View Post
                  Probably best idea if gasket is so cheap!

                  Thanks again
                  yup that, a couple screws, a tap and don't forget the o-ring for the knob itself.

                  if you find one that works, post up the specifics as i have a spare i'll be rebuilding soon.

                  also if for some reason you can't find that gasket cheap, let me know i have one i won't be using right away and could send it for the ~$3 i paid plus ship to the UK.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Looks like the same one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hond...-/170982542530 Says ships worldwide but probably on UK ebay also.
                    Brian - Richland, WA
                    1991 Hawk GT
                    1997 VFR

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
                      Looks like the same one on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hond...-/170982542530 Says ships worldwide but probably on UK ebay also.
                      yea actually it does. and the 'pipe' itself looks right just not the filter.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Its approx same price for entire fuel tap or just a gasket, only gasket I could find was from US suppliers not one in UK!

                        Thanks for kind offer off gasket from gamorg02

                        I have ordered entire pattern fuel tap, will report if it works out.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X