Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBR 900 rear shok upgrade.

Hello from Russia.
    Much read about it, but did not understand so.(probably badly learned English) In what difference between SC28 and SC33 shoks.
    Why it is impossible to rear shok from 600RR or VFR.
    I'm sorry for my English, if it's possible, write simpler.
    TY
    Oleg

You are asking why a shock from a CBR600RR or VFR can not be made to work on a Hawk GT?

The Hawk's shock works directly from the swingarm to the subframe,with no linkages.The VFR uses links in its suspension,the geometry is entirely different as are basic shock measurements.The CBR600RR swingarm and suspension is entirely different than other bikes.

The shock from a CBR900RR works with some changes on a Hawk but it can not be used as standard because the spring is too soft.The shocks for CBR900RR's are different lengths,some add ride height and some are the same length as the Hawk shock.

Comment

Good answer!
      BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ CRF 110 Mini Motard, DUCATI: 748
      Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
      "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Im sure it's on this forums somewhere, but what years of the 900rr rear shock changes the ride height? and which years are the same length?
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

Up to '95 gives you the higher ride height. The years after this only supply you with some adjustability over the stock unit. As mentioned though, you will have to swap the springs or go with an after market like an Eibach.
          1986 Honda NS400R
          1988 Honda Hawk GT

Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked.

Comment

Thank you very much for an answer!

Comment

Working...
            X