Remote brake res and lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote brake res and lever

I know some of you run these or know where I can get one.

Remote brake resivoir (or however you spell it) with perch.

What other bikes fit, what works well with dual brakes...?
    BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ CRF 110 Mini Motard, DUCATI: 748
    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Dude yer killin me! Ya brembo with remote res. I made a bracket that fits in the space left for clip to clamp. I'll try to post pics when I get home.
    1\2 Liter Duc Eater

Comment

I think an RC51 and CBR 900rr would go on... I was just wondering about a cheap alternative.

Surfing ebay.

Brembo = not cheap!

Killing you? I will try to stop.

Comment

[quote="Doc"]I think an RC51 and CBR 900rr would go on... I was just wondering about a cheap alternative.

Brembo = not cheap!quote]

But so worth it! The crg clutch(click and roll are SOOOOO NICE!
        1\2 Liter Duc Eater

Comment

I have a brembo res. without bracket that you can have if you want it. not sure how easy it'll be to get it to work.

Comment

Originally Posted by scott
            I have a brembo res. without bracket that you can have if you want it. not sure how easy it'll be to get it to work.
            What are you running?

Comment

05 gsxr600 master & res.

also have a a 97(?) gsxr750 master & res around the garage somewhere, but you'd need to retap one of the mounting screws in the master if you wanted to use it. it'd need a new lever too.

fyi, not sure I'd go out and get a newer gsxr master, I've had ok luck with mine, but a13x has seen issues with this decade's gsxr masters

Comment

I use GSXR and F3 pieces parts but really,you can use anything you can imagine.Brembo parts aren't that expensive - tons of Ducs parted out on Ebay.Really,there's not a whole hell of a lot of difference between who makes it - you'll notice a change in pads far more... well,with the caveat that I'm slow,ride like crap and when I say that they all work about the same mean that they all stop me in time to make the turn into Dairy Queen.

Comment

the 1 thing i noticed going from the 97 gsxr master to the 05 one (which is a radial) is that i have more feel.... having said that i've locked up the front just as much in the rain with the new one as i did w/ the old one... feel is only useful if you pay attention to it

Comment

I don't want to sound stupid....but I will anyway, what's a brembo res? got any pics? What is the advantage to having one?
                    -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
                    Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

The front brake master cylinder and reservior: the thing attached to your front brake lever that holds the brake fluid and makes your front brakes work.Brembo ones are Italian and more trick than Japanese ones.They differ primarily in making it more expensive when you need to replace your lever.Many people have used the stock master cylinder when doing a front end swap to dual rotors and have been happy - but more is always better,right?Stock Hawk m/c bore is IIRC - JD will almost certainly correct me on this,I haven't had a stock brake system on a Hawk in years...- 9/16"/ 14mm, most Japanese sporty bikes have a 5/8"/16mm jobbie doo that's meant to work with dual calipers but you can get a Brembo set-up with a honkin 19mm bore.5/8" on both muh Hawks and they work fine n' dandy.

To be 100% honest: the 6 pots on my Kawi are much better brakes than the Brembos that are on my Priller or the ones on the prior Ducs - I won't even compare them to the Brembo crappiness that's on my BMW.The blinginess of Brembo is a good thing and I would never deny a brother or sister the happiness of a trick brake system but in terms of function: the Hawk neither goes that fast or weighs that much,it doesn't _need_ brakes stolen off a Moto GP bike.

If you want to go for the ultimate in bling,I have a spare _rear_ Brembo m/c.Nope,no idea how you'd need to make it work or why - the NT already has more rear brake than you need- but if you want it Doc, it's allllllll yours =0)

Comment

Working...
                      X