CBR600 F2 forks question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBR600 F2 forks question

If I get them do I need to switch wheel right away or will the stock hawk wheel and brake fit?
    Rob
    88 Street Hawk
    F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
    04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
    91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Why the f2 forks if your NOT goting to change the wheel?

Comment

If you want to use your wheel/brake set up, it will work until you get a F2 wheel (dual brakes). The only thing that has come up in the past I have heard is an issue with having the correct spacers in, but that is not a big deal to fix.
      1986 Honda NS400R
      1988 Honda Hawk GT

Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked.

Comment

Well the reason for forks only is due to $$ flow. I found some forks cheap and could get them but just didn't know if I could use the stock parts while I compile the rest of the parts.

I am already in the middle of the F2 tank and monster seat conversion. I do need to rebuild the stock forks due to leaking seals but if I can replace them with the F2 ones while I have them off would be extra cool.

Thnaks
        Rob
        Rob
        88 Street Hawk
        F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
        04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
        91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Comment

Maybe some of the experts will chime in but i don't believe the stock wheel /brake will work with f2 forks. I was just out in my garage and compared (i am in the middle of ALL of the same mods as you) the Hawk brake to the f2 and they are smaller. I don't have a tire on my f2 wheel yet so I put the stocker on it to roll around, with the bigger stock rotor on it i think you would have to make brackets to make the f2 caliper work.

Comment

F2 wheel and Hawk forks work.

Hawk wheel and F2 forks should as well.
            BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
            Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
            "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Did anyone ever answer this?

I read it on the list...

I think I have had nearly every 41mm Honda front end set up at one time or another.

Stock

Stock with F2 wheel

Stock with Emulators and Springs

Hawk/CB1 fork legs, F2 wheel, dual 320mm rotors, F3 calipers, Hawk tubes with emulators and springs.

Full F3 set up.

Put the F2/F3 Tubes in the Hawk lowers. This is a great set-up. Gives you the cartridge adjustability while keeping the nice Hawk fender.

Get a S/S line and some good pads and you will have plenty of braking for the street, if you want more get a six pot set-up from Steve.

In my opinion anything more than this just adds weight and complexity to a street Hawk.

Also adds sex appeal, romance, wow factor, modern look, etc. (Which I totally get. I have Brembo 4 pads and 998 rotors on my Ducati Sport Tourer for heavens sake…)

Comment

F2 wheel and Hawk forks work.
                If you use the Hawk rotor and caliper.

Hawk wheel and F2 forks should as well.
                If you use the F2 rotor (on one side) and the F2 caliper.

(just to clarify)

A single F2 rotor is significantly smaller than a Hawk rotor. If you go this route, your braking ability bight even be reduced
                -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
                -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
                -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

who sells a 6 pot for a street model?
                  Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

Comment

http://www.hawkworks.net/listerpix/steve_lenac/
                    "Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
                    • Ohlins Rear Shock
                    • F2 front wheel
                    • VFR750 rear wheel
                    • Hiperform seat&headers
                    • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
                    • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

Working...
                    X