Lightened rear rotors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightened rear rotors

In the works...prototype layouts run and tool paths verified. Will update when I have solid information - soon. Two options will be available and would like to run this as a group order/buy to save everyone money. Some will point out that machining these may create an imperfect surface - and no I do not plan to have them reground. This is generally an appearance/weight reduction mod only. I believe the mild version will pull about 8 oz once I finalize patterns, the mid about 10-12 oz and the wild about a 15-16 oz.

WW

IMG_6781.jpg
    IMG_6783.jpg
    IMG_6782.jpg
    Engaging safety squints -> WW#Store

wwresto.com

Hell yeah. @6 and I will take a “wild” one for the race-bike and I may be in for one or two more.
    '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

I wish I still had my Hawk just to bolt on all the cool sh*t you're machining.

Comment

Originally Posted by kolby View Post
        I wish I still had my Hawk just to bolt on all the cool sh*t you're machining.
        You could always buy another

wwresto.com

Comment

One in mild for me...
          In the same box with the levers
          Last edited by Luis; 07-13-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Zeke at Quality Machine.He did all mine and the group buys.He even did that different one I sent you.You're really getting the hang of your machine.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
              Hell yeah. @6 and I will take a “wild” one for the race-bike and I may be in for one or two more.
              Chuck I am surprised to learn he allowed you to put a back brake on it, lol... :P
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
              89 Fairing Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates
              2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
                Chuck I am surprised to learn he allowed you to put a back brake on it, lol... :P
                He doesn’t use it, just has to be there to pass tech. We have toyed with the idea of making one out of aluminum...
                '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post

He doesn’t use it, just has to be there to pass tech. We have toyed with the idea of making one out of aluminum...
                  He'll be glad he has it when he learns to trailbrake.Then he'll want a thumb brake....and a splitter valve....

Comment

Gino
                    Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
                    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
                    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
                    LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
                    ECK RACING

Comment

I can barely reach my rear brake, so wild should be good for me. Also, if you are still making rear brake levers, Im still interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoreyRS View Post
                        I can barely reach my rear brake, so wild should be good for me. Also, if you are still making rear brake levers, Im still interested.
                        I am still working on brake levers (and complete rear sets, for that matter). Currently 3d printing initial fitment prototypes...

WW

wwresto.com

Comment

If you have rotors you want machined, PM me.

Price will be $75 each, plus shipping. Files are all finalized, fixtures built, and tooling is ready.

WW

wwresto.com

Comment

Working...
                          X