Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lever on a Hawk with F2 front end

Hi all ...

I recently bought a Hawk (well, a pair .... one working and a parts bike). My girlfriend was riding it around the block this weekend and dropped it. She's fine but the brake lever snapped in half when it hit the ground.

I'm hoping I can just replace the brake lever, fluid reservoir etc with the unit from the parts bike. But the working bike has an F2 front end, so it has dual front disc brakes instead of a single disk. The banjo bolt is obviously different than that on the parts bike, but I am wondering if I can otherwise just unscrew the brake fluid reservoir from the parts bike and use it, or if I'll have to shop around for parts from an F2. Hoping to find out in advance if I'm going to end up with a big mess on my hands and no working parts from either bike.

Thanks!! Excited to have found this forum!

Welcome to the forum! The levers are interchangeable.
    '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Thanks! Can you recommend any decent lever guards?

Comment

Originally Posted by benphelps View Post
        Thanks! Can you recommend any decent lever guards?
        No, I just keep spare levers. 6 picked up some Chinese knock off guards from eBay for the racebike.
        '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

We use these. They have taken two hits so far, one low-side one high-side and still holding well.

https://www.amazon.com/HTT-Motorcycl...70_&dpSrc=srch
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X