Delkevic 17" NC35 wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delkevic 17" NC35 wheel

Anyone ever tried an NC35 wheel on a hawk? Is it a direct fit?

I wonder if this wheel is lighter than a stock hawk wheel. Anyone have experience with Delkevic product/wheels?

Look here :
    http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/sho...?t=9737&page=2
    http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306
    Last edited by Dirk; 02-07-2009, 07:59 AM.
    Dirk

Comment

HEY hey, mister Ricky.....the dark isde had a calling for you.....can't wait to see you on the track.....stop putting TRICK stuff on your hawk.....or you're going to lap me on the first lap....
      eat right,stay fit,die anyway
      Hawks 1988 X 2

Comment

wheels

d and k motorcycles of stoke-on-trent staffs are Delkevic there trade name for non gen parts only up the rd if u want me to check for you http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/dkonline/home/
        one hp v how many???

Comment

nc35

they do fit,but the down side is you have to shave a bit of the rear caliper,as i found out when i put one on mine,it won't turn.caliper kept hitting the spokes,looks smart.the ones that dk motorcycles sell are the 17' verson,the ones on the vfr400 are 18' which limits tyre choice?

den

Comment

Delkevic 17" NC35 wheel

Thatīs what i wrote.

Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
            Hi Folks , only for you i went to my garage and make some pics and take measures
            (I hope my english is good enough)

I have all the rims in my garage , HAWK 4,5x17 , VFR400 4,5x18 and RVF400 4,5x17 (like the VFR aftermark wheel).

@Rod : all the rims have an offset of 88mm !

Modifications to fit on the HAWK spindle :

1. change the drive pin spacing of the RVF/VFR wheel from 85mm to 100mm or of the spindle from 100mm to 85mm

2. modify the rear breake caliper because the spokes of the VFR/RVF rim has a lower curve

3. you need a different konus to mount the RVF/VFR wheel

Ask me if you have more questions.

The Wheels :

HAWK

VFR (after modification)

RVF (before modification)

Konus

brake
            Dirk

Comment

MOds

Are these pretty easy mods to do? If so I'll sell rear VFR grey wheel and get a Delkevis 17"

Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
              Thatīs what i wrote.

Comment

It's DIY, if you have a good drill press and a diamond bit. The hub drive pins is the only major bit, but the hub is VERY hard stuff.

I have a couple wheel spacers that also need a little drilling (recess for axle nut), or use the longer vfr400 axle.

dale
                Being able to ride from point A to Point B does not mean you have skills.

Comment

Originally Posted by slo1 View Post
                  or use the longer vfr400 axle.

dale
                  Hi Dale, I was just wondering about this, does the rvf400 axle 'slots' match that of the hawk spindle?

matt
                  sears

Comment

Originally Posted by halfast View Post
                    Hi Dale, I was just wondering about this, does the rvf400 axle 'slots' match that of the hawk spindle? matt
                    Yep, just shave a hair off the outside of the head as it is 1-2mm larger diameter, and it slides right in. Splines are the same pitch.

dale
                    Being able to ride from point A to Point B does not mean you have skills.

Comment

Originally Posted by slo1 View Post
                      Yep, just shave a hair off the outside of the head as it is 1-2mm larger diameter, and it slides right in. Splines are the same pitch.

dale
                      Good to know. Thanks.
                      sears

Comment

Working...
                      X