Steamed up rev counter pod - advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steamed up rev counter pod - advice?

I have a Bros 400 that I use the odd weekend here or there for about half an hour at a time. Lately the right hand instrument pod has become steamed up by the end of my ride. It's not like water is dripping down the inside of the glass but it's definitely fogged up. Anyone know how I can cure this? Does it indicate a wider problem with a leaky radiator or hose etc? The coolant level seems to remain fine.

Very common for Hawk / Bros. It is just a little moisture getting inside the gauge housing. Not coming from the rad or nothing. Mostly noticeable from member who ride in the rain a lot or new owners who wash their bike every other day. There is no cure-all fix that i'm aware of.
    -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
    -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
    -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

Heh... my Hawk does that to! It's just part of the Hawk personallity, I guess!

You could try replacing the gasket seal between the tach lip and the front bezel plate. You can still get them new from azmotorsports.com for like $7. That and make sure the bolts behind the tach are tight. But be carefull! The bolt is made of SOFT metal, I tore one off when tightening it once. Now ever MORE moisture gets in! D'oh!
      Bikes: 88 Hawk, 97 VFR, 06 V-Strom 650

Comment

i have used silica gel packs in my headlights on my CRX before...worked like a charm....just pop 1 or 2 in there....out of the way of moving parts of course, and will dry it up in no time
        Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Comment

i remember once a spider got into mine and made a nest one morning i took off for a ride and i had 100s of baby spiders pouring out of my instrument cluster they even where behind the glass on the tac

man that was a good day of riding i still remember

the silics gel idea is really good
          1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Working...
          X