Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever converted to Fuel Injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxer
    replied
    Originally Posted by JR
    Greg,
    you have a slight problem with the Deauville "Its shaft drive" Not sure if it can be converted back to chain drive, but if it could............I'll have one.
    i have seen vmax's that were converted to chain drive.
    it was an expensive process

Leave a comment:

• NT696
    replied
    Why not direct injection into the 'extra' spark plug hole? - Would be a very cool mod. Would it tend to give more power or better mileage as it can be controlled by a chip.

Leave a comment:

• JR
    replied
    Greg,
    you have a slight problem with the Deauville "Its shaft drive" Not sure if it can be converted back to chain drive, but if it could............I'll have one.

Leave a comment:

• brewsy
    replied
    Hey Greg,
    I havent even started yet but I do intend to give it a try!
    Will hopefully be building up a new motor at some point in the future and will be injecting it using the MegaSquirt for bikes.
    Have 'started' to get parts but so far that just means getting a set of FI throttle bodies off Ebay from an injected SV.
    Obviosly will have to make linkages etc. but figured that the flow rates, injector sizes and fuel pressure needed will be broadly similar to the SV as its also 650cc.
    The MS can also do the ignition so if I ever do get the project off the ground will perhaps do mapped ignition too...
    Fingers crossed (for the future)....

Leave a comment:

• USMCHAWKGT
    started a topic Has anyone ever converted to Fuel Injection?

Has anyone ever converted to Fuel Injection?

read an few articles on the latest Dueville(wish the sold them here) and it it is FI, has anyone ever attempted to convert a HAWK? Wonder if the new engine would bolt in, it looks very similar....
    Thanks guys,
    Greg
Working...
X