Is this Genuine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Genuine

I came across this on Ebay and do any of you guys know if this is genuine.
    If it is has it ever been discussed in this forum....other than Ebay where can you buy one or does anybody know how to mod an existing unit.
    If it works it must be a hoot.
    Cheers
    Arcie 31

HONDA BROS 650 HAWK GT 650 , this sale is for a Racing black box(cdi), not the bike, with this excellent mod, you will be able to raise your speed by at least 20%, my own bros(pictured) would go 149mph and 157mph on the speedo which of course is good for blagging, purchased this from an american contact who races hawk gt's, "american version of the bros", i cannot say enough good things about this, can you imagine passing CBR'S. A simple anyone can do plug in modification, easier than changing a bulb. I have started at 99pence for anyone to have a chance, ALSO i will not end early as these are becoming harder to find, if bidding goes over 50 its free to post and i will alter invoice accordingly.

normal bros or hawk 650 cdi is restricted to 8500rpm, this has no such restriction, minimum rpm being 10,200, also works with a modded engine, carbs or exhaust, there are no timing changes made, just natural extra rpm,
    If your not livin' on the edge your taking up too much room

I have seen that on ebay too. Sounds like a good thing... now if it really performs... is another.

Any users?
    Rob
    88 Street Hawk
    F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
    04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
    91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Comment

Honda Ascot CDI boxes do the same thing.

I race with 5 other Hawk's, we all stay far away from 10.2 boxes....
      CVMA Expert 434
      LD Designs :: Pirelli :: Racer's Edge :: Woodcraft :: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Comment

I have a 10.2 box on my Hawk but it's to give it a little over-rev,not because I want or expect it to live at 10k.If you try it,give your engine a smooch coz it's going to be the closest you can get to actually kissing your crank goodbye.

As for making a Hawk hit nigh on 160mph... a stock Hawk is good for an honest 115ish.The speedo lies quite a bit but it's never going to tell you that you're going 157 mph because the focking thing stops at 150!

Comment

I have a 10.2 CDI box on mine also. I bought it from Hord after I burned my old one (10.2 as well) up playing with my home made wiring harness. On the dyno, my bike still makes good power all of the way up to 10k. I haven't had any problems out of my bike due to the box as of yet, but now that I stated that I'm sure I will any day now... lol I do have a heavily modded motor though... call it luck I guess.

Brandon
          Brandon

88' (Gulf) Hawk GT
          and some non-Hawks...

Comment

Meh. I love my Hawk way too much to go pushing it's motor beyond the stock 8K redline. Some engineer WAY smarter than me decided that's where the redline should be, and I'll respect that.
            Bikes: 88 Hawk, 97 VFR, 06 V-Strom 650

Comment

Yeah I tend to agree. there is plenty of talk on the site on ways forward that tend to stay within the capabilities of the bike and like you guys the Hawk/Bros is a bike to be cherished. I'll give this one a miss.
              Arcie 31
              If your not livin' on the edge your taking up too much room

Comment

I was thinking of getting one and Hord Advised against it if i remember right.

That and all the racers I know don't use one....
                BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc
                          Say again? <lol>

10.2k CDI on a stock engine is absolutely worthless. They only make power to ~8k, so an extra 2k rpm is just going to make a lot of stuff whirl around faster than it should. It takes a lot of engine mods and the right cam to utilize a 10.2k CDI. The 174x8 and 174x2 will make power up that high, but the 153x1 won't, and the one I now use as a race cam won't either. Why buzz it so hard if you can make competitive power at lower rpm's and give everything a little bit of an easier time? That's my philosophy on the matter.
                          J.D. Hord
                          Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Speaking of Hord i believe he has a line on programable cdi. I might do one but my motor is far from stock. just my .02
                            1\2 Liter Duc Eater

Comment

Working...
                            X