VFR bars and securing controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VFR bars and securing controls

I have a set of VFR bars to replace the Telefix bars on my 88.
    The challenge is that the pods for throttle/starter and lights won'€™t snug down on the bars. There are holes in the bars but no matching pins on the pods.
    I’m sure someone has figured this out. I searched but didn't find anything.
    Last edited by DavidR8; 05-13-2021, 12:53 AM.

I have vfr bars but they fit perfectly with holes in the same place as the stock bar. Are you sure they are vfr bars? Or maybe different year vfr bars are different. My vfr bars are 4th gen, 1995 I think.
    Brian - Richland, WA
    1991 Hawk GT
    1997 VFR

Comment

Do yours have lugs on the bottom where the go over the fork legs?
      It looks like the lugs are designed to fit into the gaps in the top triple clamp. Totally the wrong place for a Hawk though as the bars are angled forward when the lugs are slotted into the gaps.
      More challenging is the lack of locating pins on the pods.

Comment

You have to grind off the lugs on the bottom of the VFR clip-ons. Well, You don't actually have to grind them completely off, but you do have to take quite a bit off to get them to fit. (mine are 94-97 VFR750 clip-ons)

s-l1600.jpg

My stock switches have locating pins that fit perfectly into the holes on the bottom of the VFR clip-ons. Maybe you have aftermarket switches? If not, it may be that your locating pins have broken off. There is at least one thread on here showing how to repair them if they are broken.
        Last edited by cjb762; 05-13-2021, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yup mine look exactly like those.
          Thanks for the tip on repairing the locating pins, I'll have a look for the thread(s).
          Do you have bar ends on yours?

Comment

Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
            Yup mine look exactly like those.
            Thanks for the tip on repairing the locating pins, I'll have a look for the thread(s).
            Do you have bar ends on yours?
            Happy to help! I have mirrors on the bar ends. Here is one of the threads: https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/ho...on-control-pod

Comment

Working...
            X