new coolant reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new coolant reservoir

Decided to ditch the half melted smart water bottle that used to be my overflow this week. I refurb used bikes for a living, and use a ton of Honda spray polish.. I'm all about repurposing stuff.. I was roaming the shop looking for something to use when it hit me.

Empty can of pressure, push the plunger into the inside of the can, and use a step drill to open up the top. Aquire 6mm motion pro carb vacuum adapter, two nuts, and two rubber or copper washers. Drill a hole right in the bottom of the bottle. It's not thick enough to bother with tapping it. Get a long magnet, and guide the nut to the bottom of the can and thread it on the vacuum adapter. I used a pick to guide the copper washer on. Nut and washers both on the inside and outside. I used 1/4" sockets so I didn't have to make a huge hole in the top to tighten everything up. Use clear 1/4 hose, run it along the side of the bottle to see the fluid level inside.

Ps, can anyone identify my rearsets? They're crazy strong, crazy high up and back. They've survived several offs and still aren't bent. I'm about to put a Tyga set on to get some comfort back.
    Attached Files

Originally Posted by rpm10k View Post
    Decided to ditch the half melted smart water bottle that used to be my overflow this week. I refurb used bikes for a living, and use a ton of Honda spray polish.. I'm all about repurposing stuff.. I was roaming the shop looking for something to use when it hit me.

Empty can of pressure, push the plunger into the inside of the can, and use a step drill to open up the top. Aquire 6mm motion pro carb vacuum adapter, two nuts, and two rubber or copper washers. Drill a hole right in the bottom of the bottle. It's not thick enough to bother with tapping it. Get a long magnet, and guide the nut to the bottom of the can and thread it on the vacuum adapter. I used a pick to guide the copper washer on. Nut and washers both on the inside and outside. I used 1/4" sockets so I didn't have to make a huge hole in the top to tighten everything up. Use clear 1/4 hose, run it along the side of the bottle to see the fluid level inside.

Ps, can anyone identify my rearsets? They're crazy strong, crazy high up and back. They've survived several offs and still aren't bent. I'm about to put a Tyga set on to get some comfort back.
    What is that cable running to your shift link bolt?
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

What is that cable running to your shift link bolt?
      That's for a healtech quickshifter, that's the sensor. it's great and makes me laugh banging through the gears. highly recommended for carbed bikes if you've got the patience to setup the kill/delay times. it connects to your phone via bluetooth.

Comment

Just out of curiosity... what about the stock bottle don't you like?

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
          Just out of curiosity... what about the stock bottle don't you like?
          frankly, I couldn't find mine after a move while my bike was in boxes while I was building the motor, and once I found it long after the bike was together I couldn't be bothered to install it. it's since been lost again.. plus, this bottle is entertaining to me. it's got laughs from the guys in the shop so it was worth the half hour spent (there is actually a little bracket behind the bottle but I didn't take any pictures of it). Over the years my bike has generally rocked a can or random bottle of some sort for the overflow.

Comment

Working...
          X