Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trolley...Engine first...then frame..etc..etc..Anyone got/made/bought one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trolley...Engine first...then frame..etc..etc..Anyone got/made/bought one?

So when I put my engine together, I want it to be mobile (on wheels)..Then when I put the frame on...ditto..So I can push it around easy. All the way till when the wheels go on.
    Anyone made one or bought one?

I’d imagine that the engine would sit quite happily on the sort of small trolly intended to move furniture, with just a few wooden blocks underneath to stabilise it.

When I replaced the engine in my bike, I used a small chain hoist, which allowed me to lower the whole bike onto the engine. I was very pleased with how easy and controllable this made the whole process. Generally its a great plus for maintenance and modifications to be able to easily lift the bike like that. I use some cheap nylon webbing straps so there’s no harm done to the frame.

Comment

We have used those little wooden rolling carts. Work great. They are like $20.
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

I'm using one of these:

https://www.diy.com/departments/dial...1530948_BQ.prd

As soon as my NT650V engine turned up I got one to keep it mobile in the garage as I've run out of space until I make it into a NT650 engine. Also got a block of wood under the generator side to help balance and a couple of straps just to help steady it for peace of mind. Haven't decided if I'll put the frame on the engine or the engine on the frame yet.

Comment

Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
          I'm using one of these:

https://www.diy.com/departments/dial...1530948_BQ.prd

As soon as my NT650V engine turned up I got one to keep it mobile in the garage as I've run out of space until I make it into a NT650 engine. Also got a block of wood under the generator side to help balance and a couple of straps just to help steady it for peace of mind. Haven't decided if I'll put the frame on the engine or the engine on the frame yet.
          Pretty close to what we use except ours are perimeter frame so there's a hole in the middle.. hole helps em sit a bit.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Working...
          X