Cush drive rubbers lubrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cush drive rubbers lubrication

Just fitting new cush rubbers (the old ones were like concrete) and I was wondering if I should lubricate the rubbers and the vanes in the hub.

I have Silicone spray, Silicone grease and PTFE spray which if any should I use. I also have standard type grease and copper grease but I am guessing any petroleum based grease could do nasty things to the rubbers.

No lube needed on the cush rubbers. Not sure what you mean by vanes. You should grease the splines.
    Brian - Richland, WA
    1991 Hawk GT
    1997 VFR

Comment

Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
      No lube needed on the cush rubbers. Not sure what you mean by vanes. You should grease the splines.
      By vanes I meant the parts or ribs that the rubbers fit around. I couldn't get the hub assembled over the new rubbers it was a very tight fit so I had to spray Silicone spray even then I had to thump it together wth my first.

Hopefully the silicone won't affect the rubber the can says it's rubber safe.

Comment

I just slap them in. Grease the hell out of the spinal and get some between the eccentric and the swing arm. But not the cush rubbers.

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Working...
        X