No announcement yet.

Full exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full exhaust system

I have a 89 Honda hawk the baffles have been taken out and I’m getting backfires on the deceleration, looking for a full exhaust system budget friendly and sounds clean and good. I’m not afraid to spend a couple extra bucks for a little bit better of quality either all options and input is appreciated thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Not sure anyone makes a full system any longer. I think all you can get now is mid pipe and can.
    Brian - Richland, WA
    1991 Hawk GT

Comment

Your pipes will clean up nicely with just a little work without taking them off. FUEL makes a great muffler system to fit the original headers. Several members have them. Mine has been on now for about 3-4 years.

IMG_9203.jpg
      Bill,
      89 Red Hawk, 2021 Rebel 1100 (bike 41) Some Past/sold in reverse order:,FZ09,97 Magna #1&2 , 97 VFR750F, 87 VFR400R, 88 Hawk, 86 SRX 600, 77 RD400, 79 CB650, 04 VFR, 88 Blue Hawk, 89 Red Hawk, Yamaha SRX600, Harley 1200C, Yamaha RD400, Harley 883R, Yamaha 750 triple, Vlx600, Honda 450, Honda 400, CB550F, Kawasaki H1, BMW R69US, Yamaha R5C 350, Honda 160, Bridgestone 175, 1950 Harley 74 w/sidecar, 65 Harley 250 Sprint, 1948 Harley and my 1st bike-1941 Harley 74 knucklehead my dad gave in1963.

Comment

The Fuel system is the one I would go with ... if I had to do it all over again.

So... for the next one.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
          The Fuel system is the one I would go with ... if I had to do it all over again.

So... for the next one.
          I've been thinking about ditching the delkevic that I now have. Not that there's anything wrong with it but the Fuel looks so much nicer. I may not wait for the "next one". For me, there probably won't be a next one.
          Brian - Richland, WA
          1991 Hawk GT

Comment

I have the Fuel system too and would recommend it as being top quality and great value. They are not stuck together in a Chinese factory but handmade here in the UK. There's even a video of the collectors being made on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XnSFcsdng8&t=1190s

Comment

+1 for the Fuel - I have the F1R race can with the stock headers and the beautifully handmade collector. When I ordered it, they asked if I wanted a center-stand bumper on the collector or not... since the bike is not a street bike, I opted to not have the bumper. Fantastic experience from start to finish with Fuel.

Comment

+3 for fuel , great service and easy to repack with their kit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nightfury83
                  I have a 89 Honda hawk the baffles have been taken out and I’m getting backfires on the deceleration,
                  Did you jet the carbs for the changes you made?

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

++ for the Fuel. Great service, communications, workmanship and you even get a bar of Kendal Mint Cake with the order.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

A pic of mine from a good angle:
                      Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 5.23.08 PM.png

Comment

Originally Posted by JackalHack
                        Hey, your chain is way too tight!

Comment

Originally Posted by tian647

Hey, your chain is way too tight!
                          Literally EVERYONE that has seen this bike has said this.... Seriously, is that just a joke that I am not in on or what?

Comment

Originally Posted by JackalHack

Literally EVERYONE that has seen this bike has said this.... Seriously, is that just a joke that I am not in on or what?
                            It is both a joke and a real thing. Most people keep the chain too tight on Hawks and the recommended adjustment in the manual is too tight. It isn't like any other motorcycle.
                            Brian - Richland, WA
                            1991 Hawk GT

Comment

EBC Pro-Lite rotor converted to FULL-FLOATING with Spiegler floating buttons. Not the cheapest way to make a Hawk GT stop. I hope I will make up for it in

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎