Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintenance Inteveral for Uni Pod filters ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Inteveral for Uni Pod filters ?

I want to go to pod filters but wondered how often one usually cleans and oils the Uni pods ?

Thanks,

Some people don't oil them ever. I don't know how often they clean them though.

I clean and oil mine once a season. 99.99% on-road riding.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Thanks for the information. I can handle 1/year.

My carbs had richer jets installed when TBR exhaust system was installed. So, the motor runs a bit rich.
      I am planning to install pod filters from HordPower.
      At present the motor starts fine and doesn't like having much choke (none after starting).

Can I get by with just removing the air box and installing the pods & crankcase filter ?

Or will there be a lot of fiddling with needle position, etc? I just ride for fun, no racing.

Any other plumbing to change? Mine is a 1988 so it predates the California plumbing.

Thanks so much.

Comment

You can get away with fudging the jetting when you add an exhaust the stock airbox but when you go to pods (even on a stock exhaust) then have to go with a jet kit.

J.D. will make sure you get what you need.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
          Some people don't oil them ever. I don't know how often they clean them though.
          Never, same as how often we oil them.

Oil those suckers to much and end up like Grin, with a pile of char.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
            You can get away with fudging the jetting when you add an exhaust the stock airbox but when you go to pods (even on a stock exhaust) then have to go with a jet kit.

J.D. will make sure you get what you need.
            IF you are an epic hack, and have filters and a pipe, yet no jetting at hand, you can wrap the filters in tape, until you hit the sweet spot and it starts running right again. Ride like that till your kit comes in and you dont have to not ride, or ride around dead nuts lean... MY EX 500 lived in that state the whole time i had it.,, Never actualy got around to jetting it.

You would be Surprised just how much filter you need to block off to replicate stock. It is a LOT!!!!

Im full of good advice... I know.
            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

I’m just in the process of fitting a Factory 3.0 kit from Hord. Last night I unpacked the Unipods and sized them up against the carb inlets and thought, I wonder if they need oiling ?
              I then spent a good while reading the never vs. once a year feedback plus one charred motorcycle episode. On the GS forum they suggest a very, very light spray of engine oil and not K&N filter oil but they’re off roading and hopefully I’m not
              I’m still deliberating…..

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎