Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyhonda
    replied
    If you have any of the OEM T fittings, there are (2) 1/4" and (1) 5/16" nipples on one T fitting. Using these helps to fit both size fuel lines. Or in my case, the Tygon lines were stretchy enough to fit on the petcock.

I use quick disconnects from Motion Pro to make pulling the tank easier. Using small 4" zip ties to anchor the lines on the fittings help eliminate leaks.

Leave a comment:

• 69Falcon
    replied
    I use 5/16 from the petcock to the fuel filter. Filter outlet is stepped so i run 1/4 to the mikuni and then 1/4 to the carbs.

Leave a comment:

• ParcNHawk
    replied
    IIRC, the petcock, the fuel pump and the tee at the carburetors all fit better with 5/16". in fact the only stock connection that gives trouble is one side of the stock fuel filter. If you replace that with an aftermarket 5/16" OD filter, then everything will be one size.
    It's been a while since I've had to do anything to the fuel lines, so whatever size I used qas perfect... and I'm almost positive (but by memory alone), it was 5/16 ID.

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    Originally Posted by HondaNT400J View Post
    Nice build!

Just wondering if you can help me. Figuring out the size of the fuel lines. Been scouring the net for the sizes. I'm currently away from home and my bike and taking this time to order things online so when I get home it will keep me busy.
    Thanks for checking my build. I always buy yellow Tygon. The last batch I ordered was this size: Tygon Fuel Line 1/4" ID X 3/8" OD

Leave a comment:

• HondaNT400J
    replied
    Nice build!

Just wondering if you can help me. Figuring out the size of the fuel lines. Been scouring the net for the sizes. I'm currently away from home and my bike and taking this time to order things online so when I get home it will keep me busy.

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
    Just read all 27 pages of this build. Amazing work. I'm in complete awe of the talent show by all the contributors!
    Thanks! Like I said before, its a forum bike! It's been an awesome journey and I'm very grateful for all those that gave advice and generosity! I'll have a build sheet before it's done with all those that gave parts, sold parts and helped along the way.

Leave a comment:

• DavidR8
    replied
    Just read all 27 pages of this build. Amazing work. I'm in complete awe of the talent show by all the contributors!

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    If the adhesive doesn't stick, a little 3M automotive trim spray will do it.

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    LOL......I love your carpet background.I do that.....throw it on the floor....snap a pic.Hope that stuff still sticks!

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
    Your stuff is in the mail.Sent this AM.
    Got it yesterday - thanks again! Gifts from Bill! I'm more excited about the frame decals than the other stuff but it will all go to good use!

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
    Many thanks Bill!

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eyhonda
    replied
    Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
    eyhonda Did you use a cardboard template to get the same of the index before you heated and formed, or just took the sheet, heated, formed and then trimmed? just curious as that looks like the way to go to layout a simple light seat.
    The former but with paper. There is still enough extra material to trim off so I can get it even. It doesn't have to be exact as the foam will dictate the edge more than the pan.

I found an RSV4 foam and cover for a good price. No cheap Pani seats tho!

Leave a comment:

• nozzle
    replied
    eyhonda Did you use a cardboard template to get the same of the index before you heated and formed, or just took the sheet, heated, formed and then trimmed? just curious as that looks like the way to go to layout a simple light seat.

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    My builds all had a saddle to start with.That Duc seat is sure pretty.I'll get that ABS filler rod in the mail.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X