Something Wicked This Way Comes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something Wicked This Way Comes

In a stunning turn of events, Ive fallen upon a blessing! Or is it a curse.....? Meet my new witchy woman, Sabrina! Its been near one year on the day since I brought The Mystery Machine home in similar fashion. A roller on a trailer, with a blown engine and some spare parts. I say that like its a bad thing, this was a good thing. All mine for a crisp $100 dollar bill and a blood offering. A short 5 hr drive to Charleston to meet the lovely MrDude_1 and I relieved him of his ball and chain (he has 2 younger, faster, mistresses).
    20190531_145154.jpg

So here we are, starting the journey again. This time Wiser? Smarter? Richer? Hmm all no's. But ive got more friends, thats for sure. Thanks to so many of you lovey, cranky, retired, sarcastic, and arrogant bastards , I know we can do this. So whats the plan? I've hardly an idea. Its gonna be witchy though. Hot, dark, evil, may kill you. You know the type. So lets go over the Pros and Cons.
    Attached Files

We're here to help.

Comment

Pros
      Frame is cleaner than The Mystery Machines
      Dent free tank
      Through the swingarm brake mod
      RC51 fork swap!
      Trailtech Vapor
      V-Rod headlight
      Stock tail w/light

Cons
      No Carbs
      No exhaust
      Blown engine
      No radiator
      No seat

The cons arent so much cons as, harder things to address. Im not worried about the engine. I have a carb body and slides from The Mystery Machine, so maybe with a little help from my friends, we can build a complete one. I think I can source a radiator without going broke. Ive considered a few things here. Building a hawk engine is expensive. Thankfully The Mystery Machine came with a quite a few suprises. I really just did a top end job and bored it. So right now im thinking, use all my combined parts to make Sabrina The One. The Mystery Machine could be my new daily. I miss commuting desperately and TMM isnt so great at it currently.

I've already tore down Sabrinas engine and so far, I think it just overheated. Cam lobes and journals are in spec. Cylinder walls are beautiful, Piston looks fine. I cant find anything wrong but all the dried out coolant. I havent taken the cover off the water pump some how, but it looks like someone just filled it with water and ran it 10 years so far. So if this one just needs seals and rings (fingers crossed) I think Ill put the screamer in the screamer (Sabrina), and put the stocker in the new mule (TMM). Also I've got 20' of chain and a gallone of Evapo-Rust in the tank right now. I think it can be saved. (SHUT UP AND POST SOME PICTURES ALREADY!)
      Last edited by mparker; 06-02-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

20190531_201621.jpg20190531_200544.jpg
        20190602_134409[1].jpg20190602_173129[1].jpg20190602_143053[1].jpg

Comment

20190602_204427.jpg20190602_130159.jpg20190601_185438.jpg20190531_200521.jpg
          Last edited by mparker; 06-02-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBolsnutL1E
            Gino
            Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
            2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
            2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
            LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
            ECK RACING

Comment

Just realized getting OEM size rings Isn't a thing so, guess I get to do some more measuring when I get home. Truth be told Im still not in love with the V-twin and Im not sure if Im committed to spending $500 to bore another engine. Especially pointless if Im not building the heads ($1000 more). Its alot of money to still be slow! Id be more interested in transplanting another motor. There seems to be plenty of room there. The front engine mounts are just as wide as my Miniceptor's and its a V4. Reckon a vfr750 will fit squirrelman ?! Ive even thought why not something fuel injected and 6 speed. Id love a revvy 50hp CBR500 donor. Its been put in the CRF250L. Maybe Im dreaming but I've already seen 2 strokes and single cylinder swaps. Im not chasing power, id just like to wring its neck more. If the rings are in spec, forget about it. Just speaking out loud here.

In other news, I realized last night the only part I have of the cooling system is the water pump, and it looks like it was buried in a desert. Literally the entire coolant system has just calcified. Hot water treatment maybe to get rid of it? The kerosene I clean everything else with, is just turning it to muck, not dissolving it at all.
              20190602_213131.jpg
              Last edited by mparker; 06-03-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Ill leave this right here
                https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/cl...b-rad-ignitech

and walk away
                Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                  Ill leave this right here
                  https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/cl...b-rad-ignitech

and walk away
                  Whats your Signature say?

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-YAMAHA...4AAOSwLuRc7U9Q

This could get you into 80hp with JD's help. Kawi 650 another idea. Yammie Raptor700....Honda XR650.....

Comment

Stand back and powerwash that shit.

Comment

Originally Posted by mparker View Post

Whats your Signature say?
                        Fair play. hellyeah.

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-YAMAHA...4AAOSwLuRc7U9Q

This could get you into 80hp with JD's help. Kawi 650 another idea. Yammie Raptor700....Honda XR650.....
                          yz426, that's the one i would use. It has a 5 speed, brutal fast. YOu are doing valve adjustments with every tank of gas... but...

Always wanted to do a banshee motor. MAny have started, none have finished. That is the ultimate swap.

Comment

I would only swap a honda. I saw the 2 stroke thread. I could never afford to finish the exhaust! I think this engines good though. Just measured end gap on the top ring of each cylinder and its .48mm service limit is .65mm. Something doesnt add up. He swears this did 280k mi. Look at this...
                            20190603_205152.jpg

Comment

Still crosshatched?!?

Did you testit before tear down?

Comment

Working...
                              X