Gauge fasteners +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge fasteners +

I am looking for the hardware that hold the circular gauges to the plastic protective cover. M3 maybe, but more importantly the little rubber "gasket/boot/plug" that keeps water out of the gauges. See if I can find a pic tonight.

Thanks in advance!
    Retired AFM / WERA #555

The smaller gasket is NLA but I have heard of people buying the larger gasket and cutting and gluing to make it smaller.
    Brian - Richland, WA
    1991 Hawk GT
    1997 VFR

Comment

its quiet...too quiet..Yall hording those little bad boys huh.
      Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Originally Posted by rogue555 View Post
        I am looking for the hardware that hold the circular gauges to the plastic protective cover. M3 maybe, but more importantly the little rubber "gasket/boot/plug" that keeps water out of the gauges. See if I can find a pic tonight.

Thanks in advance!
        Close, 4mm. As far as the gasket, I have used an o-ring around the tach. Not ideal, but it works.
        ASMA #139

Comment

^^^ MIght have to go that route. Good idea. So bummed I lost the 1 set.
          Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

FWIW I have used small faucet washers from the hardware store in the past. They are rubber but with the use of a flat washer between them and the nut they work fine. If my 3d printer was working I would make some and mail them to you but I melted the hot end and just have not had time to fix it.

Photo for reference. I just took one of the old pieces and went to an Ace Hardware and cruised the plumbing isle until I found a size that fit.
            88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
            89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
            90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Also if you have a 3d printer there is a file in the 3d print files section and they have been made out of TPU but you can just as easily do it in PLA.
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
              89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Nice..I will have to drop by the hardware store fo sho.
                Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

I was going to get some cap nuts on order. So, M4 x .5 or .7. I am thinking .7
                  Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

I was going to get some cap nuts on order. So, M4 x .5 or .7. I am thinking .7
                    I just went out and measured with my thread pitch gauge, It is kind of tough as not many threads are exposed. It seems like a .8?

Comment

Mcmaster only lists .5 or .7 mm. Not saying MMC is always right, but they have a good track record with my work. Tough to measure .2 thread pitch with so little available to measure. I brought home some M4 nyloc from work see what I get. Yes!! The M4 I brought home is perfect. Just check the box tomorrow for size verification.
                      Last edited by rogue555; 4 Weeks Ago.
                      Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Mcmaster only lists .5 or .7 mm. Not saying MMC is always right, but they have a good track record with my work. Tough to measure .2 thread pitch with so little available to measure. I brought home some M4 nyloc from work see what I get. Yes!! The M4 I brought home is perfect. Just check the box tomorrow for size verification.
                        Yes, let me know what you find out. I want to replace the nuts also. Just don't want to pay Honda $3.00 each for the nuts!

BTW, I used a stack of Harbor Freight orings to replace the missing rubber suspension pieces. Not perfect but good for now.

Comment

This is what I tried last night. .7 pitch

https://www.mcmaster.com/94645A101/
                          Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Ok, good to know.....I am OCD and trying to find some chrome acorn nuts like the OEM. SO it is 4mm x .7.....

Comment

You could try any of these. As long as you have M4 x .7 you should be good to go.

https://www.mcmaster.com/nuts/cap-nu...hread-size~m4/

Let me verify one more time before you order.. I hate to mislead and I want to make sure it torqued all the way
                              Last edited by rogue555; 4 Weeks Ago.
                              Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Working...
                              X