Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I only went and bought an AT engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I only went and bought an AT engine...

...along with a loom. As I understand it I need AT coils too since the 650 hawk ones won't do? Aiming for one of these cdi's too unless anyone has a particular viewpo8nt 9n them?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264388501350

All advice, ridicule, verbal help and scorn equally welcome...

Well....prolly just what you already know...
    You have a different set of tranny ratios now......don't know if the nt400 close ratio tranny will slip into the AT. Other than that....it's a clear path.
    Have fun storming the castle!

Comment

I'll probably raise the gearing first rather than split the casings & swapping cogs - I dream of a simple biking life!

Comment

Originally Posted by hawkati View Post
        I'll probably raise the gearing first rather than split the casings & swapping cogs - I dream of a simple biking life!
        Yeah..Riot has a cr400 tranny for a c-note.......and I was thinking better U than Me.So we agree.Drop that puppy in a frame.

Comment

Right, now that charity ride is out of the way and I've done what I can with the unklefukker bike it's time to turn some attention to this bastard. Set the valve clearances and tarted the engine up a bit today. Next there will be juggling of cdi, loom & coils once the engine is in the frame and we'll see if it functions eh?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

....aaaand using a trolleyjack, ratchet straps and voodoo the engine is now in the frame. Threw in a Hagon rear shock as well for the hell of it...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

...along with a loom. As I understand it I need AT coils too since the 650 hawk ones won't do? Aiming for one of these cdi's too unless anyone has a particular viewpo8nt 9n them?
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264388501350

All advice, ridicule, verbal help and scorn equally welcome...
              Bravo!

Watching with eager anticipation.

Did you decide against the Ignitech programmable unit all together?

-P.
              I need a bigger garage.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Comment

On here for the first time in ages - life got busy! I'll do a progress report when, er, um, I've made some progress. Engine tarted up & in frame now but I need to throw it all together with a dubious looking loom. Moar soon, cheers!

Comment

On here for the first time in ages - life got busy! I'll do a progress report when, er, um, I've made some progress. Engine tarted up & in frame now but I need to throw it all together with a dubious looking loom. Moar soon, cheers!
                  Excited to see her ripping!!!

Always wanted to do this. Bravo sir.
                  Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

Excited to see her ripping!!!

Always wanted to do this. Bravo sir.
                    Sir overestimates my capabilities! However i have a fine selection of hammers and i'm prepared to use them.
                    The idea is just to get a little extra go without it costing the earth in fuel, since it'll be a commuting bike. However, i do like cunting the living crap out of these bikes on track too so expect mechanical carnage to ensue...

I'll get going on this around the end of september - got some racing lined up and a couple of trackdays titting around with the 996 and unklefukker( cbr400 with a blade engine) - once the dust has settled from that lot i'll turn my merciless attention on to the hawk and i'll get it sorted. Muhahahahahahaha. Etc.

Comment

.... and voodoo . ..
                      Voodoo is good for keeping bad Ju Ju at bay, the spilled chicken guts are telling me not to buy any more motorcycles during covid lockdown

Comment

Working...
                      X