New member from Ontario, Canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Ontario, Canada.

Finally signed up to the forum!! I've been searching the various forums/technical advice/European sites for awhile now. Are Hawk owners so rare in Ontario, Canada? There have to be more than what the membership list lists. Maybe we just don't have as much time to ride with our lousy weather for almost six months.
    Would love to connect with some local Hawk owners, if there are any in the area.
    Just an aside from those of you who wonder what your Hawks are worth. A 1990, largely stock except for an aftermarket front Targa-type fairing was going for $7000.00 CAD (33,000 KM/17.5K miles) at the recent Toronto Motorcycle show. Figure that. My mods over the years - 1990 Hawk (Red)

Hindle Stealth Exhaust - Supertrapp in reserve in the basement
    Ohlins Rear shock
    Progressive front springs with Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators/F2 Caps
    Corbin Seat
    Goodridge Kevlar Brake Lines/SBS/EBC brakes with Speedbleeders
    K&N filter
    Targa Tsunami Fairing
    VF750 Mirrors
    Rear Running Light Conversion

Looking to possibly buy a VTR1000 or VFR750. Should I keep the Hawk?????

Re: New member from Ontario, Canada.

Originally Posted by Traveller647
    Should I keep the Hawk?????
    No one in history has ever sold a Hawk and not been immediately heard to utter the notorious words:

"I wish I'd never sold that one." Keep it, no matter what.
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

I'd keep the hawk if you can..I sold mine awhile back and already have plans of picking up another when I have the cash. Even if it is just my garage beauty that only gets to come out and play on the sunny special days...I still want one around.

Comment

+1 with what these guys said

i got a 05 rc51 after riding my hawkgt for 5 years, have had the rc for 1 year now. i miss riding my hawk and cant wait till shes back on the road, soon.

dont sell her
        1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Thanks guys. "Enuff" said. She's a keeper. I sort of knew it all along. Now if only I could convince the wife that another bike in the garage really doesn't take up that much space.

Comment

Just tell her that its cheaper to have two bikes than one Corvette....
            Mike/Kilter
            They smile because I'm different--I laugh because they are all the same

Comment

no no tell her one will be for her to ride

and just hope she doesnt call your bluff

Comment

Welcome!
                (From another ON Hawk pilot)
                -I talked to that guy who was selling the Hawk at the TO show. -He knew it was overpriced, just looking for an eager buyer with too much money. It was a nice example of a mostly stock bike. Two bikes over was an '05 RC51 for the same money.
                Got some of the same mods as you. Post pictures in the members rides section. Mines coming back together slowly after a long winter of mods. Will also have to post to keep the pictures current.
                -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
                -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
                -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

NT696 - where "West of Toronto" are you located?

Comment

Work in Mississauga, live in Brantford. The commute sucks. At least on summer days I take the Hawk and it is at least interesting. Working hard to get the bike back together for Dover this friday. Switched jobs, now (as of monday) working in Brantford. Willing to meet, if you would like. Jaysunone is coming up around the end of Jun. I think, and a Kilter and I (and maybe some others) would like to get together then. Your bike ready? Going to Dover?
                    -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
                    -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
                    -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

yup im rolling thru there first week of july

i will start a thread for that trip some time in june with an open invitation to all local hawk riders. but dont wait for me, you guys should meet and go ride or bs about hawks over a pint, before my trip.

i noticed we have an english speaking montrealer on the forum also. i will be spending a few days there, riding with my old riding buddies, before my final destination of quebec city. man i a cant wait thats going to be a fun trip.

Comment

welcome
                        Rob
                        88 Street Hawk
                        F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
                        04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
                        91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Comment

Working...
                        X