Hawk Owner in 2 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk Owner in 2 days!

I sold my VF700F (you know, F3 shock, F2 wheels, clip-ons, full system, jetted) and am using the money to get my dream-bike, a 1988 Hawk GT NT650. It's not the cleanest example of that bike but it will do for some crazy project v-twin that will make the SV owners around here hang their heads. I've never owned a twin but I have had 2 vee-fours, an inline 4, a side-by-side twin, and a single. I have always wanted a middlewight twin and god-willing I will have one Saturday. I am using the money leftover to buy a full exhaust, pod fliters, a jet kit, and possibly the hiperform subframe and tail section.

This is the bike I will have the rest of my life so I am excited. I am planning to build a deadly street weapon for mountain roads. I will emphasize it's light weight and handling.
    "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow"

http://www.hpwcycleservice.com

sounds fun.

Comment

awesome! i'm originally from rochester and wasn't into bikes too much back then but seems like you have a nice shop up in the area. good luck with everything, and i understand the feeling about the major dealers and their impersonal service, etc. i would like to have a shop like yours around here to go to.
      again, cheers and good luck! i'm sure you'll produce a nice machine with the hawk.
      ride Red.

Comment

So, did you get to pick up the hawk?
        '88 Bros NT650J
        Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
        Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
        Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

I just did yesterday, I will post pics later in another topic. I am very excited.
          "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow"

http://www.hpwcycleservice.com

Comment

Working...
          X