New hawkster in SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hawkster in SF

got my first hawk last saturday and took her out for my first real ride thru some twisties around Grizzly Peak in the East bay today. what a blast! my other bike is a '77 CB400F which i still love (and will keep) but what a completely different ride! suspension! and brakes that i don't hafta make an appointment to stop with... crazy. i know folks rave about dual disk brakes but this single one is a huge step up from my 400. anyway, howdy to u all. here is a pic of my new ride:

Welcome. That`s a great looking Hawk
    What was the start of all this?
    When did the cogs of my Hawk begin to turn?
    Perhaps it is impossible to grasp the answer now,
    from deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
    I loved it so much, yet hated so many.
    I hurt others and was hurt myself...

Yet even then, I rode like the wind,
    whilst my laughter echoed
    under cerulean skies...

Comment

Nice looking Hawk, everybody loves the twisty experience on a Hawk

Comment

V nice Hawk and it came with an M4 too. Bonus
        '88 Bros NT650J
        Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
        Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
        Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

That is definitely a sweet Hawk. Welcome to the site!!!
          '99 Ducati 748 with a 996 conversion

Comment

thanks everyone!

it's got more mods than i can remember right now but i do know it's a 663cc and the top end was just rebuilt. plus racetech springs and emulators. mainly, it's got FUN built right in!

Comment

Welcome aliengirl- that bike sure is sweet!
              '88 Hawk GT
              '89 Harley FXSTC
              2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Very clean Hawk you've got there. Nice M4 exhaust. I've got to get to the East Bay sometime for a ride. I'm stuck on Santa Cruz mountains all the time. Poor me.
                Hawktane

Comment

Originally Posted by hawktane
                  Very clean Hawk you've got there. Nice M4 exhaust. I've got to get to the East Bay sometime for a ride. I'm stuck on Santa Cruz mountains all the time. Poor me.
                  Haha... yes... poor you with your nice highway 9 Well nice when there aren't that many cagers and squids
                  You know your a hawkaddict when you check ebay and craigslist every hour for parts to upgrade

Comment

Working...
                  X