Greeting from Vancouver BC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting from Vancouver BC

Glad to Join - Great information here - thanks to all who share. enjoyed the FAQ.

Looking to buy a nice Hawk within a resonable distance.

From full stock that needs refreshing to a nicely sorted example with the up to date mods that some of you have created.

It's been a few years, but i don't mind doing the refresh work on the bike if it's bones are good.

Paul

Originally Posted by Ssnead View Post
    Glad to Join - Great information here - thanks to all who share. enjoyed the FAQ.

From full stock that needs refreshing to a nicely sorted example with the up to date mods that some of you have created.

It's been a few years, but i don't mind doing the refresh work on the bike if it's bones are good.

Paul
    Welcome.

Take a look through the classifieds, maybe post a WTB thread.

You are over on bob's new side of Canada. He may be able to help you. ParcNHawk
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Welcome aboard! There’s a few hawkers in your neck of the woods, they may be able to help.
      '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Hello there!

I'm in Yaletown. Shoot me a PM sometime.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

You can just start collecting parts and Hawk-in-a-boxes. before you know it, you'll have enough to go ride.

Comment

Paul
            ...define "reasonable distance"... AFAIK ancient rider is still looking to rehome his last Hawk. Portland. A day's ride.
            My hips move my bike; my bike moves my soul.

There, and back again. (photos from the epic journey)

'88 Hawk GT (Rekka)
            '07 Shadow 600 (Gremlin)

'90 Hawk GT (Fireball/red-tailed hawk) RIP

Comment

https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/mc...897182899.html

That's been listed for a while. I paid only $200 less for a (very similar) near perfect one in '07.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Paul
                Possibly the best street hawk that has ever been for sale is for sale right now... still... . Dont know how far you are from ohio...
                https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/cl...-my-blue-88-fs

Comment

In Canadian metrics:

It's over 4,000 KMs and $8,000 dollars.

Not that I've done that calculation....

Comment

I just saw this in Yaletow. I think it was on craigslist 6 or so weeks ago.

Comment

How come canadians use HP and not Kw?

Comment

DIN, SAE... or ... what's a klick?

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
                          https://abbotsford.craigslist.org/mc...897182899.html

That's been listed for a while. I paid only $200 less for a (very similar) near perfect one in '07.
                          I went to go see this one today and it isn't even close to resembling the photos in the listing.

I asked the seller for specific information and never got a direct answer and now I know why. He's hoping to catch a fish and unload this on them.

The cowl under the seat is rattlecan black, brake light is loose, all signal indicators are crooked, quarter size dent on the tank, chain and rear sprocket is rusted, tires are old and cracked, forks leaking.

Comment

Working...
                          X