Remembering my Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering my Hawk

Greetings. I sold my '89 in 2010, but I remember it well. The whole "Dad" thing dictated the sale. She was my first and last bike. Had her for about 12 years. Well it's almost time for my next bike, so the juices are flowing again. Glad to see the Hawk community is alive and well. I used to be on the old listserv email list, to the chagrin of my employer no doubt.

I was looking at some old pics of my bike and thought this group might get a kick out of them. Sorry, I can't figure out how to put them all in one post...

Comment

Comment

There have been a few nice hawks up for sale recently.

If you are in the market is take a look at our classifieds.

Nice looking hawk, clip ons, m4, fox tc, braided lines with the through the swinger mod, and springs and emulators if I had to guess??

Clean looking hawk.
        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

M4 full exhaust, K&N, drilled airbox, stage-1 jet kit, dyno'd at 50hp. Fox rear shock, progressive front springs, cartridge emulators, Woodcraft clip-ons, trimmed rear mud guard, stainless brake lines, rear brake line through swingarm, chain guard deleted, license plate holder deleted, longer kick stand, framesliders (used once). Raising the forks 10mm in the triple clamps was a great bang for the buck. Sold in 2010 for $1850. Eccentric bearing carrier was seized.

No, I will not be getting another. It's time for my dream bike:

Cheers,
          Jack

Last edited by Alpiner; 06-07-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post
            Clean looking hawk.
            Thanks. Just don't look too closely!

Comment

nm
              Last edited by Alpiner; 06-07-2022, 11:13 AM.

Comment

nothing says i'm richer, faster, smarter and better than you than riding a ducati.
                Last edited by squirrelman; 06-07-2022, 11:32 PM.
                "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Originally Posted by squirrelman View Post
                  nothing says i'm richer, faster, smarter and better than you than riding a ducati.

The Aprilia guys may have something to say about that

​​​​
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​We are just messing around O.P.

​​​​​​​Those Italians make some incredible bikes.
                  ​​​​
                  Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by squirrelman View Post
                    Is that why I always wanted one?
                    Crap I guess I am none of those things because I still don't have one.
                    All joking aside I would still keep my Hawk if I bought a Ducati. The Hawk I have now was actually purchased instead of a Ducati Monster I was looking at and I don't regret it.

Comment

Hehehe, I totally get that and am ready to accept all the haters. They're not wrong. Many people have fancy bikes/cars/boats/etc just for show. This Ducati would just be for my pleasure. I just think it's sheer beauty. It's a rolling sculpture you can actually interact with and enjoy. It's a dream I've had ever since I first laid eyes on a 916. Nobody had to tell me to love it, or why, I just did. What anyone would think of me riding it did not enter into the equation. I saw it and I knew I had to have it someday. That was what, 25 years ago? Someday is now next year. It's my Rosebud.

Will it be a giggle to roll it down the strip on a Saturday night and watch all the young bucks with rice rockets turn their heads? Of course. Because I was that kid. Now I get to be the guy on the bike. But that's not the main motivation. Or second, or third.

I drive a used, chipped 2014 Audi S4 because I love the acceleration, handling, style, fit & finish. Every time I park it and walk away I look back. I could not care less what anyone thinks of that. If they think it makes me cool, meh, bonus. If they think it makes me a douche, good, it's filtering jealous idiots out of my life. At 115,000 miles, it drives like new. We also have a 2014 Impreza with the same mileage and it feels like a cheap crate that is about to fall apart. That's why I like nice things.

Also, I can ride it.
                      2161_1073624769609_6083_n.jpg
                      Last edited by Alpiner; 06-09-2022, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X