Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from South Carolina

Hey y'all,

New around here - I just bought a 1990 Hawk that has been parked since 2002. She is in pretty bad shape - previous owner looks to have had an unintended dismount and then just parked the bike.

I have quite the project on my hands to get it back on the road.

Welcome to the best place for Hawk GT mechanical, technical, cosmetic and performance information. To start, post up pictures of what you have. Then define what it is you want to do ... restore to original stock, modify to a street and canyon machine, a track bike or some blend of these? You can post a thread in the “Member Build” category of the Mechanical and Technical section. You post the pictures of what mechanical stuff you’re working on, this is where you ask questions and seek advice Forum members. Look through some of the other build threads to get an idea.

Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Welcome Jackal, I’m just north of Charlotte if you’re anywhere in that vicinity. As JSpeed stated, a load of info here, poke around, especially in the ‘How To’ section. A lot of questions to be answered and a lot of ideas to be had. Hope your experience is a good one, these are great machines that’ll run forever (once properly sorted). And yes, post up some pics!
      This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Comment

Welcome Jackal,

It seems to be a trend around here lately to bring a 20-year-sitter back to life.

I'm one of them. You're another. And someone else just started doing the same.

Good luck and share some pics.

Comment

Welcome! and good luck!
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Welcome!
            Hello from The Upstate and good luck with the revival project.

Comment

Working...
            X