No announcement yet.

Watched new Star Trek!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair, I haven't watched more than 3 minutes of the new star trek so I don't know what they were or were not influenced by.

PK Dick wrote a short story in the 50s called The Variable Man whereby a hyperdrive weapon was concocted. I don't want to spoil the story; you should read it.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Try and separate a man from his soul. You only strengthen him and lose your own. - J. Newman

Comment

Gino
      Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
      2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
      2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
      LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
      ECK RACING

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
        PK Dick wrote a short story in the 50s called The Variable Man whereby a hyperdrive weapon was concocted. I don't want to spoil the story; you should read it.
        Thanks for the tip, I enjoyed reading it. Here's a link if anyone else wants to check it out: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32154

^ We've been watching The Orville, some of the humor falls flat but we've definitely had a few good laughs! Going to follow it and see how it progresses.

Another Sc-Fi series we enjoyed is The Expanse. It has a well written story and is worth checking out.

Comment

The Expanse is some of the best pure Sci-Fi out there. The books take you to places you didn't think they would--good premise and workable physics.
          Hawk with many differently shaped fuel tanks.

Comment

Working...
          X