For all you guys who like shiny parts - Brush on Chrome paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all you guys who like shiny parts - Brush on Chrome paint

I found this on facebook today. Got a couple of group members from another group who are getting this material and gonna report back on how it works. I can certainly see some great uses for it.

You'll need to access the evil empires website but it's kinda worth the watch. Looks about like a pint for 200 bucks, brush on chrome.

88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
    89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
    2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

https://youtu.be/GY0iNcApC8s

Comment

I tried a can of spray "anodizing" once.Fail.

Comment

I don't usually look for anything miraculous but one of my favorite paints is Krylon that has a chrome cap but it is listed as an aluminum finish and it does look like a good brushed aluminum. I've used it on a lot of the parts of my past and current Hawks to keep things like tarnished Fork legs and the cush drive cover.
        2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Do they do nickel? I really don't have a use for chrome, b/c I just have it chromed if I need that. But I do have a nickel-plated flattrack frame, and having it re-plated is extremely difficult as well as expensive. A nickel-like paint would be good for touch ups!

Comment

https://alsacorp.com/easy-chrome/

Comment

Spraying a satin clear over chrome plastic model parts dulls the sheen and makes it appear more like aluminum. I don't know how that would work scaled up to 1:1. Of all my goofy paint trials I haven't done this one. I still have some reflective clear and am getting curious as to what that would look like over chrome. It was amazing over neon orange,like molten lava.

Comment

if you notice in the video he mentions that you don't put clear over it. I imagine its for that reason. Also, the system is already a 2 part prep. Some base coat that chemically reacts with the top layer. Not sure but I imagine it's gotta be very little difference from what the guys with the sprayers are doing, just someone figured out that you can do it with a brush now and achieve similar results.
                2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Working...
                X