Olympics, big deal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
    Maybe we should have one neutral, recurring location/venue for the Olympics that would not directly benefit any particular nation state?

-P.
    Gitmo.

Comment

A lot of the events don't interest me much, but I do like the Downhill and the sliding events -- especially the Skeleton.
      90 Hawk GT
      79 CBX
      82 CB900F
      00 Kawasaki W650
      04 Yamaha FZ1
      06 Suzuki DR650

Comment

Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
        Maybe we should have one neutral, recurring location/venue for the Olympics that would not directly benefit any particular nation state?
        Winter in Switzerland, Summer in Greece? I don't think the Swiss would put up with any nonsense, and would keep things running like a, pardon the pun, a Swiss watch. And besides being the birthplace of the Olympics, the Greeks would have something to earn some $$ off of, augmenting their existing tourism and olive oil trade.
        '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

For laughs,look at the state of the Olympic facility in Athens. It's gonna need some sprucing up.

Comment

Originally Posted by joel View Post
            For laughs,look at the state of the Olympic facility in Athens. It's gonna need some sprucing up.
            Lake Placid is looking a little dated. Too hot in Hotlanta. Salt Lake? Hmmm....I read John Brown's book.....what a quack.

Comment

Working...
            X