Verizon Wireless customer support sucks donkey dick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon Wireless customer support sucks donkey dick

After years of poor customer service, I got a great deal to save money and switched over to T-Mobile and closed my account. Verizon sends me an email saying what the amount my final bill is, but not the actual bill, which I need to get reimbursed for the phone switch by T-Mobile.

Verizon's email says I have to login to their website to get the bill only using my user ID and not my phone number. Except their website says they don't recognize my info.

They have a robo-chat pop up so I describe my problem, and it sends me to a reset my password page.

But it requires my phone number which is no longer valid with them. So the robo-chat offers up the ability to chat with a real life human.

But of course, I have to login first.
    '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
    After years of poor customer service, I got a great deal to save money and switched over to T-Mobile and closed my account. Verizon sends me an email saying what the amount my final bill is, but not the actual bill, which I need to get reimbursed for the phone switch by T-Mobile.

Verizon's email says I have to login to their website to get the bill only using my user ID and not my phone number. Except their website says they don't recognize my info.

They have a robo-chat pop up so I describe my problem, and it sends me to a reset my password page.

But it requires my phone number which is no longer valid with them. So the robo-chat offers up the ability to chat with a real life human.

But of course, I have to login first.
    These things seem like oversights and a poorly setup system... dont worry, its functioning as designed. They do not want people wo are non customers using the valuable human beings time...

Dick holes.

And i was thinking of switching to verozn.... Ill pas son that idea.
    Last edited by 6; 07-21-2019, 09:27 PM.
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

When I tried to activate fios at our new house, I remember being instructed to use some feature or function on their website that very, very clearly did not exist. This issue was all over their user commiseration forums (no idea what those support forums are for other than commiserations because nobody every gets supported) dating back YEARS and yet ... here I was hitting the same issue.

Can't remember what it was because in the end I just had to call somebody and waste and afternoon or something and it works and they're happily taking my monies so I can look at dank memes and complain on the internet so life goes on I guess ...
      Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

They do suck. I ordered Fios, online, there was an issue with the land line I needed to keep for my alarm .
        The website said "call us". So, I did. The call, requested by them, negated my "online order" discount.

They delayed install because "they had to verify the network in the street" and then showed up and the network was not
        working. It was a frustrating experience. Their 12 port optilink is mounted to the back wall of my building. If they didn't get things
        straightened out there would have been a mysterious accident that left it destroyed.

Because I have had various land lines into the building, for family, business and fax, Verison has 3 different entities
        for my address. I am going to try to cancel my service when the "new customer" pricing ages out and start over with
        one of the other entities.

Comment

Called today on my lunch hour. After bouncing through menus that had nothing to do with my issue and having it ignore my request for "Representative", I finally got through to a woman who wanted to process my payment. Fuck no, not until I see a goddamn bill, which your website won't let me in to get. She transferred me over to Customer Care, sat on hold for 15 minutes before the next person tells me the easiest and fastest way to get my bill is to go to a Verizon store where they'll be able to print me one. What. The. Fuck. Thankfully I go right past a Verizon store on my way home from work.
          '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

And while I'm ranting about shitty customer service, let's talk about Photobucket... After that debacle they pulled where they wanted hundreds of dollars per year to host pics and tried to hold the pics hostage by limiting how you could download them, I stopped using them completely. Now, every week I get an email from them saying I'm "over the free tier limit" which is 25MB of bandwidth/month. Would I like to pay $7.99/month for 12 months and then it goes up to who knows what? Umm... go fuck yourselves.

Comment

Called today on my lunch hour. After bouncing through menus that had nothing to do with my issue and having it ignore my request for "Representative", I finally got through to a woman who wanted to process my payment. Fuck no, not until I see a goddamn bill, which your website won't let me in to get. She transferred me over to Customer Care, sat on hold for 15 minutes before the next person tells me the easiest and fastest way to get my bill is to go to a Verizon store where they'll be able to print me one. What. The. Fuck. Thankfully I go right past a Verizon store on my way home from work.
              Till the store tells you that they need your active verizon logon to get your bill...

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                Till the store tells you that they need your active verizon logon to get your bill...
                Yeah, I've thought about that. But I'm going to Lowe's right across the street anyways, so it would just delay them getting paid over $600 for phones my kids already possess even longer.

Comment

Yeah, I've thought about that. But I'm going to Lowe's right across the street anyways, so it would just delay them getting paid over $600 for phones my kids already possess even longer.
                  Insane.

My ATT is so fucking simple. I go to walmart, i pay $65 to buy the card. I scratch the card, text the number to *888* and my bill is paid, my phone works, i have unlimited everything for the month.

I may have told ou this, when i went to Verizon a bit backm they want $10 MORE to have me under contract with them for two years. Verizon costs LESS if you are a month to month customer. Its $65/month unlimited for pre-pay, $75/month to be under a two year contract.

The big reason i didn't swap is that my phone won't work well on the CDMA network its a GSM phone.. Hearing what you are going through iam so glad i didnt swap, I woudnt even consider it now.

Comment

Walked into the Verizon store last night, told the kid at the door what I needed, and within 5 minutes I walked out with a copy.

Comment

It's amazing what talking to somebody in person in a real location can accomplish.
                      Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

I've been with Ma Bell since I was born.Became SNET then Linx then ATT wireless....It's now Frontier.Do I know if it saves money? Nope.Do I know my phone will work? Yup.
                        RJ Reynolds for the vape.....

Comment

IMHO almost all customer service stinks these days. I've had bad service from many companies. Yes, better in person usually though.
                          Brian - Richland, WA
                          1991 Hawk GT
                          1997 VFR

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

The big reason i didn't swap is that my phone won't work well on the CDMA network its a GSM phone.. Hearing what you are going through iam so glad i didnt swap, I woudnt even consider it now.
                            The google pixel line of phones can switch between networks, and you can delete all the bloatware too without rooting your phone. Work provides mine, otherwise Id have a flip phone.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ducksoup View Post
                              The google pixel line of phones can switch between networks, and you can delete all the bloatware too without rooting your phone. Work provides mine, otherwise Id have a flip phone.
                              I wanted one. Cant afford it. I use a Honor 7

Comment

Working...
                              X