Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Commute Ever

For me at least....

NC weather is usually mild so when the forecast called for light snow I figured I could make it into work before it got too nasty. ENGHH wrong, never got out of second gear, rode through a wicked nasty icy tail sliding wobble, slid into an intersection while "stopping" for a yellow light and then I couldn't make it up the steep concrete hill into my office and had to get back on the highway to get to the back entrance. Definately not like riding in rain, the Hawk may spend the night at the office if it doesn't warm up a bit.

If you'll excuse me I need some coffee and a half a pack of ciggarettes to calm my nerves!

There is an article on riding in snow in this months Road Runner magazine.
    '88 Hawk GT
    '89 Harley FXSTC
    2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

oh you had a bad commute, huh?
      well, funny you should ask!
      i got stopped a half mile from my house for lane splitting up to the light and an "unsafe start". with the cop i played dumb and also got a bit of attitude with him because every time he asked me a question, he wouldn't really even let me answer. license and reg. and insurance back to the car he goes. 20 seconds later he jumps out and says my license has been suspended (i don't even recognize the county name where that violation supposedly happened) and that i have to go to jail. we go through all the shit, handcuffs and everything, he was a total asshole. shouting me more questions, cutting me off when i answer, putting me in the back of the car for more "questions"...
      long story short, he finally lets me make a call and so i call my father.
      "hi, dad. umm, can you ask this cop to let me out of these handcuffs?" (he's a deputy upstate) "yeah i've been arrested and i'm going to jail..."
      blah blah blah long story short, he decides he is going to do my dad a favor and at least not take me to jail, mainly this is because they call a guy to come ride my bike to the central booking place and they hardly understand that it has no keys and "then, how od you start it?!" (this is on my vintage cafe bike, mind you)
      then i tell them it's gp shifting and it's tricky and really i'm the only one who knows how to ride it.
      they didn't want to deal with it and they wanted to "do my dad a favor."
      yeah right, he knew he was wrong for bringing the attitude out of me just so he could play rough with me and so he was really just letting me do what he should have in the first place. ....well, except for pulling me over and giving me tickets for getting away from traffic to be more safe. brooklyn driving sucks, i try to just stay away and in front of traffic. he didn't like that i guess.
      stupidly i go to work and get in the truck i drive for work. sure enough i get pulled over for being on a parkway, really just a road that is called ocean pkwy, not an actual highway.
      im thinking, now there is no way in hell im not going to jail for the weekend, suspended license and all. cop comes back with a ticket and says have a nice day.

so, how the hell is it that one has info about a suspended license and another doesnt have that info? I don't get it...
      anyone?
      how about bad day stories if i didn't clear the room already....
      ride Red.

Comment

Was this Video like you bad commute? Yes its on ice

http://www.iceroadracing.net/videos/iceroadracing2x.wmv
        "Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
        • Ohlins Rear Shock
        • F2 front wheel
        • VFR750 rear wheel
        • Hiperform seat&headers
        • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
        • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

Man JR, I have got to do that!!!
          '88 Hawk GT
          '89 Harley FXSTC
          2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

I think in most states leo has the right to say anything they want to you in order to obtain a confession. If you waive your rights they have you, just say no sir to everything.

Comment

Hot Damn that ice racing looks SWEET!!!
              I'd give that a go for sure, look at the run off!! Unless the tyres hit you youll just slide!!!
              Thats what you call safe racing!!

Comment

Some more:- to practice your power slides on the way home from work

http://www.iceroadracing.net/videos/iceroadracing1b.wmv

http://www.iceroadracing.net/videos/iceroadracing3x.wmv
                "Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
                • Ohlins Rear Shock
                • F2 front wheel
                • VFR750 rear wheel
                • Hiperform seat&headers
                • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
                • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

I'll have to wait till I'm home to check out the videos, my dinosaur work computer here doesn't like them. I did however give the hawk a bath to get all the salt and crud off on my lunch break and rode back to work. Dry roads have me grinning from ear to ear. I wonder what other people on the road are thinking when I'm carving side to side within the confines of the oh so straight and wide lanes around here.

Comment

Working...
                  X