Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The holdouts get a free lunch.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The holdouts get a free lunch.

    Like me and Gino.....apparently in Feb 2022 AT&T wireless is shutting off the 3G feed.

    The real holdouts get rewarded with a free new phone courtesy AT&T. And yes..... I hope it's a flip phone.Letter says "similar to your existing phone".Should be here in a week or 2.

    I use it like a phone......not an alternate reality. Imagine if the feed went down to Google.....Chaos in the younger gen.

    #2
    I have been getting warnings that my 2020 OnePlus 8 Pro, the $800 one, is not going to work when 3g is off... I don't know wtf.

    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally Posted by 6 View Post
      I have been getting warnings that my 2020 OnePlus 8 Pro, the $800 one, is not going to work when 3g is off... I don't know wtf.
      Hard to believe a 1 year old phone that can't do 4G at least.
      Brian - Richland, WA
      1991 Hawk GT
      1997 VFR

      Comment


        #4
        There probably going to send the modern version of the Jitterbug flip or whatever your carrier version is. I think it's called the lively. Not actually a terrible flip phone with some nice big ass buttons. Kind of appeals to my nearing 50 vision and the grandpa glasses I often have to use to read now, lol. It actually has some surprising functions. I think if I did not stream music off the phone I would be fine with that personally but it is what it is. They orient it as a minimalist, charges off usb C, and also has a little dock you can set it on to charge around the house,

        88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
        89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
        90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
          There probably going to send the modern version of the Jitterbug flip or whatever your carrier version is. I think it's called the lively. Not actually a terrible flip phone with some nice big ass buttons. Kind of appeals to my nearing 50 vision and the grandpa glasses I often have to use to read now, lol. It actually has some surprising functions. I think if I did not stream music off the phone I would be fine with that personally but it is what it is. They orient it as a minimalist, charges off usb C, and also has a little dock you can set it on to charge around the house,
          Homer.jpg Sounds perfect......I won't contribute to Apple and I can actually dance the Jitterbug.....

          Comment


            #6
            Originally Posted by bk94si View Post

            Hard to believe a 1 year old phone that can't do 4G at least.
            It's a 5g capable phone...

            I have no idea why they keep telling me that it's not going to work soon.

            I'm just waiting to see what happens.
            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
              Like me and Gino.....apparently in Feb 2022 AT&T wireless is shutting off the 3G feed.

              The real holdouts get rewarded with a free new phone courtesy AT&T. And yes..... I hope it's a flip phone.Letter says "similar to your existing phone".Should be here in a week or 2.

              I use it like a phone......not an alternate reality. Imagine if the feed went down to Google.....Chaos in the younger gen.
              Your new phone will come in the form of an injection, and never need recharging.

              WW/R
              Life is a journey, not a destination.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by 6 View Post

                It's a 5g capable phone...

                I have no idea why they keep telling me that it's not going to work soon.

                I'm just waiting to see what happens.
                oh, gotcha.
                Brian - Richland, WA
                1991 Hawk GT
                1997 VFR

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post

                  Your new phone will come in the form of an injection, and never need recharging.

                  WW/R
                  I'll be permanently jacked????? Read "Neuromancer" by William Gibson.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    If you like hard cyberpunk.....THIS...... Snow crash.png awesome book.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      If they make it tiny and stick it in his eye they could call it an eyephone...
                      88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                      89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                      90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                        If you like hard cyberpunk.....THIS...... Snow crash.png awesome book.
                        Yes, I like cyber punk, but can they make it a movie?
                        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally Posted by 6 View Post

                          Yes, I like cyber punk, but can they make it a movie?
                          Hmmmm.You'd actually have to read it to make a qualified decision......some books are better left in the Mind's Eye.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X