Laser etching, engraving, and cutting related experts - questions for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laser etching, engraving, and cutting related experts - questions for you

I am looking for someone that has experience with laser etching devices materials and supplies. I'm not looking so much for a setup or advice regarding the equipment. I figure when it comes time for what I am wanting to do any hobbyist grade machine would be sufficient so I will hunt that down according to the specifics of what I am wanting to get done but right now I'm actually looking to find out more about materials that could be used to reproduce the VIN label on the Hawk frame as well as Anodized Aluminum plate that is the thickness of what the etchable business cards are, but just larger pieces that can be laser cut to a custom shape. I'd appreciate any info or feedback.
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
    89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
    90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Check these out:
    https://youtu.be/d9Rf9v-Paa4
    https://youtu.be/k1hj-RbDlLM

Comment

Yeah this is actually what I was watching when I started wondering about the foil or some kind of metal based sticker that you could use to reproduce a VIN label on the Hawk frame.

Comment

I think the more I looked at the label on the frame I realized it is a thermal tape type label so I might chase that down using another method.

Comment

I have a couple laser setups, most hobby level stuff is blue diode lasers, you can do all sorts of things with them, but metal isn't one of them. If you want to etch metal, and especially if you want to cut it, you're going to need a c02 laser, and even the cheapest ones are 5 to ten times the cost of a decent diode laser. I can share some pics of what a diode laser will and won't do vs my c02 setup if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
          X