New House/Shop Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New House/Shop Day.

We are closing on the new house at 3:00, walk through at 2:00... ( Meeting a contractor at 4:00 haha)

Pretty stoked. Ill post some pictures of the new Piston Pit here once we are actually in it and own it. Stoked to get a real bike shop set up again, and a small one. ITs a different feeling than working on bikes in a car/truck/tractor/fab/construction shop.
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

congrats! dedicated bike shop is a real nice thing to have. I sort of have it, I have to share it a bit but it's mostly mine and for my bikes. the other projects that get in there are for the house so I can deal a bit with that.

Comment

Congrats!!! That's awesome news.
      "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Congratulations hopefully 6. Having your own space, away from work and others tampering with stuff is a great thing. The downside is no one else to blame for moving the tools around, well there's always kids, lol.
        88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
        89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
        90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

I wish I had a bike shop. I used to have a huge pole building/garage/shop and I miss it. Now I have a smallish garage that has a car/trailer/motorcycles/storage stuff. No room to really work on anything without pulling something out.
          Brian - Richland, WA
          1991 Hawk GT
          1997 VFR

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
            Congratulations hopefully 6. Having your own space, away from work and others tampering with stuff is a great thing. The downside is no one else to blame for moving the tools around, well there's always kids, lol.
            Ha, I was blaming my son for moving my impact and then realized it was me who left it in the truck when I did the brake job so I could tighten the lugs again after a few drives.

Comment

Welp, here it is. The cheapest free standing structure on the seacoast that's not a Mobile Home.

IMG_20220713_165634.jpg IMG_20220713_165602.jpg IMG_20220713_165550.jpg and the shop ^^^^

Shop is far bigger than it looks
              IMG_20220713_165708.jpg IMG_20220713_165718.jpg

Comment

And inside the house.

IMG_20220713_165450.jpg IMG_20220713_165504.jpg IMG_20220713_165427.jpg IMG_20220713_165510.jpg

As you can see, it needs no work at all.

And we didn't just have contractors over, and my parents at the same time. So the conversation didn't go from fixing the kitchen, putting in a slider and some french doors and fixing the walls, to tearing off the entire right side of the house and moving it out 8" while raising the roof....

It wasn't counter productive at all if that had happened.....

Needless to say, we will have to have them back, the contractors, not the parents.

Comment

I was gonna say don't bump your head!
                  88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                  89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                  90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
                    I was gonna say don't bump your head!
                    There is actually plenty of head room. Unless you want to talk about adding a second floor over half the house................

Which I didn't. But someone did.

Comment

I really can’t wait to visit and get to work in that shop!
                      Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                      I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Great to see your on the way to settling down. That renting situation sounded crazy.

Comment

Are you already planning how to efficiently layout the shop? Combination of pegboard and tool chests? 220v/110v outlets? Lights? Compressor?
                          Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                          I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
                            Are you already planning how to efficiently layout the shop? Combination of pegboard and tool chests? 220v/110v outlets? Lights? Compressor?
                            I have my box that holds most of my stuff and a bench that's in there. I'm going to need some shelves for the box tools. I'll need a place for hanging tools. I want to make a rack for angle grinders . I've giving it a little thought not much.

There is power out there but it's 110 and I need 220 for my welder. A lot of figuring needs to happen.. a lot.

Comment

Also considering a second door to roll bikes in and out without having to use the main door.

Comment

Working...
                              X