Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vans. . . Opinons, the vehical not the shoe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    My buddy that got me into LS swaps has a Vandura camper special that he is doing an LS swap in. It has the camper sink, stove, and I think even a mini fridge. It even has the original GM light Blue paint that is in really good shape. I'll try and snap some pictures of it next time I am down at his shop.
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
    89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
    2000 DR650 (Thumper)

    2002 DL1000 V-Strom

    Comment


    • #32
      https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...441484067.html
      Here's a cheap Ford with a high top for more room.


      I know I posted pics of the old bugout van here before at some point. This was a rad build but as for being a daily driver bwawahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.



      Comment


      • #33
        Or go classic https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...457368459.html

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally Posted by joel View Post
          Sweet van, but missing the title unfortunately. I'm a huge fan of the old Econoline 4x4 vans but good luck finding a nice one because they are a subculture all their own. I tell you, these weirdos and their obscure cult vehicles, am I right fellas? Anyways, if I were serious about a van I would get a Transit Connect because it's the perfect size for everything I do. You can even shoehorn a bike or 2 in the back (I would think a Hawk would fit pretty easily?).

          88 Hawk GT

          Talk big. Think small. Do nothing.

          Comment


          • #35
            Lack of a title is no problem,a bill of sale and VIN verification is good enough.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally Posted by Gweenz View Post

              Sweet van, but missing the title unfortunately. I'm a huge fan of the old Econoline 4x4 vans but good luck finding a nice one because they are a subculture all their own. I tell you, these weirdos and their obscure cult vehicles, am I right fellas? Anyways, if I were serious about a van I would get a Transit Connect because it's the perfect size for everything I do. You can even shoehorn a bike or 2 in the back (I would think a Hawk would fit pretty easily?).
              I have the standard height and the Hawk rolls right in.Two might be tight.
              Joel's Bug-out Van is like my buddy's.....4x4 with a 460ci v-8....maybe 6-7 MPG.

              Comment


              • #37
                When choosing a cargo van ... try to find one without the P.O. advertising on the sides, make sure all lights work properly and your license tags are recent. Above all black out windows, a cargo wall and good insulation are a must !

                If you fancy country girls, you'll definitely want the 3/4 ton model or some helper springs.

                sc2fg.jpg
                Attached Files
                 
                "Hawk Porn" http://picasaweb.google.com/11124379...eat=directlink 1990 NT650-Penske 8981, Race-tech Springs & Gold Valves, Steve Lenac six-piston caliper & EBC rotor,SS Brake lines Ft / Rear lines through SSA ,VFR brake lever, F2 front wheel, F-120/70 R-160/60 Dunlop Roadsmart, Full-Supertrapp Exhaust, Stage 1 Jet kit, K&N Filter, Corbin Seat, Pro-Tec Clip-On's/ Past Rides...1986 VFR700F2 Interceptor / 1979 Yamaha Rd400 Daytona Special

                Comment


                • #38
                  That's a joke son you're supposed to laugh
                   
                  "Hawk Porn" http://picasaweb.google.com/11124379...eat=directlink 1990 NT650-Penske 8981, Race-tech Springs & Gold Valves, Steve Lenac six-piston caliper & EBC rotor,SS Brake lines Ft / Rear lines through SSA ,VFR brake lever, F2 front wheel, F-120/70 R-160/60 Dunlop Roadsmart, Full-Supertrapp Exhaust, Stage 1 Jet kit, K&N Filter, Corbin Seat, Pro-Tec Clip-On's/ Past Rides...1986 VFR700F2 Interceptor / 1979 Yamaha Rd400 Daytona Special

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

                    I have the standard height and the Hawk rolls right in.Two might be tight.
                    Joel's Bug-out Van is like my buddy's.....4x4 with a 460ci v-8....maybe 6-7 MPG.
                    Transit is ok....but I prefer the bigger nicer one...Mercedes Sprint and the mpg is good too....but little out of my $$....and even the Nissan big vans are good too...

                    https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/home

                    https://www.nissancommercialvehicles...FQLaZAodWjsFoA

                    https://www.caranddriver.com/compari...omparison-test
                    Last edited by honda coaster; 4 Days Ago.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      HC.....I almost bought a Mercedes Metris.....but the asshole dealer wouldn't budge at all on price or trade-in.He had 4 of them sitting there.....and 6 months later they were STILL sitting there.
                      The Metris was a full 10K more expensive. Ford was only too happy to welcome me back into the fold.I gave them my Toyota and $15K in cash.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I love my Odyssey, trailer makes up for lack of internal space, still fit a street bike in, but not anything tall. I did just get a Ridgeline this year because Dirt Bikes! But it's basically a chopped down Pilot which is a bloated Odyssey...

                        Loved my Astro as well, 4WD makes them more problematic to repair, to me simplicity is key in those applications, less parts to maintain/repair, more bag for the buck.
                        Had a passenger version and seats are easy to remove, fits 2 bikes...

                        http://www.facebook.com/VaporBlast

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          After a few conversations with Chuck and Kristen we decided on the 7.3 Turbo Diesel Ford. The drawbacks (some rust repair, too many windows, high ,miles) where out weighed by the 7.3 turbo, the extended box, the rear climate control, the 350 package, tow package, and the removable seats and seat belts.

                          Has new brakes, a chip with a nob on the dash that can dial in an extra 150 hp and 350 ft lb tq on the fly or you can twist he other way and limit the van to 70mph.. In case i loan it to anyone who is less than trustworthy. Getting started on the rust issues. Waiting on the insurance $ to come in to dive into the interior. I have put about 100 miles on it so far. I'm impressed with the mileage and the ride. Not a lot of wander compared to my dodge 3500 van and no shake and brake, no speed wobble. Pretty solid van.

                          Should be good.
                          "Don't tell yourself you're going for a run. Just put your running shoes on." wildwhl

                          Need Computers, Servers Or Laptops? Help Out a True NonProfit!
                          www.ctac-nh.org
                          Contact me for info.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Yeah.....Dodge's aren't known for their running gear or frontend longevity.The camber/castor issues on my 95 3500 were all the fault of lousy design.Ford has it worked out much better.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                              After a few conversations with Chuck and Kristen we decided on the 7.3 Turbo Diesel Ford. The drawbacks (some rust repair, too many windows, high ,miles) where out weighed by the 7.3 turbo, the extended box, the rear climate control, the 350 package, tow package, and the removable seats and seat belts.

                              Has new brakes, a chip with a nob on the dash that can dial in an extra 150 hp and 350 ft lb tq on the fly or you can twist he other way and limit the van to 70mph.. In case i loan it to anyone who is less than trustworthy. Getting started on the rust issues. Waiting on the insurance $ to come in to dive into the interior. I have put about 100 miles on it so far. I'm impressed with the mileage and the ride. Not a lot of wander compared to my dodge 3500 van and no shake and brake, no speed wobble. Pretty solid van.

                              Should be good.
                              Andy was that a ford van or truck?
                              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
                              89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
                              2000 DR650 (Thumper)

                              2002 DL1000 V-Strom

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                It was a Ford van, I think Andy said for a day care or something like that. 3' extension behind the rear wheels with enough seats for 15 kids. Andy thinks they can still leave two rows in for all four of their boys and still be able to haul a couple of bikes.
                                '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

                                I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X