Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post

But... isn't "forged" stronger?
    You and the "forged" joke.You got me with that at the first CTHR.it's a homonym.Not that funny.

Comment

What's the forged joke ParcNHawk
      Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

@6 : Forging is an expensive manufacturing process that makes parts using high quality dies and heat and 1000s of lbs of pressure to form them. It makes parts very strong -- much stronger than casting, for example.

Forged parts (almost) always say "FORGED" right on/in them.

BUT forged also means to be copied fraudulently.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Try and separate a man from his soul. You only strengthen him and lose your own. - J. Newman

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
          @6 : Forging is an expensive manufacturing process that makes parts using high quality dies and heat and 1000s of lbs of pressure to form them. It makes parts very strong -- much stronger than casting, for example.

Forged parts (almost) always say "FORGED" right on/in them.

BUT forged also means to be copied fraudulently.
          Ahh... It's a English thing.... No wonder I was lost haha

Comment

Originally Posted by cloud09 View Post
            Good eye....that would fit the overall better! CRG is pricey. I was about to buy new and found a "like new" used set.
            Can't tell if that is a genuine CRG mirror. But, why would it be?
            One telltale sign of the knock-off mirrors; glass glued in; not replaceable.
            Can't see that side; mount doesn't look right.
            The fake levers are funny,flip the adjusters and see where it masked the paint.
            I got ASV for my NSR but decided to not use them as they aren't period correct.

Comment

Why do people streetfighter VFR's? Particularly the VTEC's... They're not bikes that look good naked
              Look out, a beer!

Comment

yep...some don't. They are begging for cover; modest and aware that they look better with their clothes on.

Comment

These are the only ones I have seen that look well done but most streetfighters are trash. I don't know who inspired who or if it was convergent evolution. I don't really care for modern bike styling but they are clean.

The 800s are very poorly suited to going nude. The rads and hoses just aren't things people need to see. Maybe someone out there has done an underseat mod like have been done with VTRs,that would help. I still have a cheap VTR for someone who might want to try the build that I won't -lol

Comment

I believe the street fighter thing comes from stunters taking the bodywork off to mount crash cages and such, sometimes just crashing it off and mounting a headlight. That is where I first saw the "streetfighter" style.

Comment

They were a thing in Europe well before stunting was popular. The idea of stunting a VFR amuses me though.

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                        I'm still trying to figure out if that fairing is a polo or a hoodie ...
                        I think it's denim... eww...
                        1988 "BlackHawk" project
                        1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                        1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                        People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

It reminds me of the executioner in The Wizard of Id

Comment

Originally Posted by joel View Post
                            . The idea of stunting a VFR amuses me though.
                            There was a dude in sav ith a yellow goldwing. He would hang out with the stunters by the airport an hang wheelies on that thing...

Maybe you can start a trend... V4Stuntin' sounds like a crew .

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                              I keep these pics for just this reason.God that's awful.
                              Just.......wow. That first photo.........
                              Jeremy
                              '88 grey

Honda Hawk GT NT650...photo blog
                              "...you gonna bark all day little doggie. . .or are you gonna bite?"

Comment

Looks like he kept it smog legal. Looks like the canister is hanging there and I think I see the pair pipes coming off the front. Maybe environmentalist bike.
                                Bill,
                                89 Red Hawk GT, 97 Magna, FZ-09. Past in reverse order:, 97 VFR750F, 87 VFR400R, 88 Hawk, 86 SRX 600, 77 RD400, 79 CB650, 04 VFR, 88 Blue Hawk, 89 Red Hawk, Yamaha SRX600, Harley 1200C, Yamaha RD400, Harley 883R, Yamaha 750 tripple, Honda Vlx600, Honda 450, Honda 400, Honda Cb550F, Kawasaki H1, BMW R69US, Yamaha R5C 350, Honda 160, Bridgestone 175, 1950 Harley 74 w/sidecar, 65 Harley 250 Sprint, 1948 Harley and my 1st bike-1941 Harley 74 knucklehead my dad gave in1963.

Comment

Working...
                                X