No announcement yet.

Cbr900rr sc28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one...with a WW subbie.....not much else to do.....hot damn. https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy...843901654.html

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
      This one...with a WW subbie.....not much else to do.....hot damn. https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy...843901654.html
      I'm not allowed 929s or 954s any more. :-/
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

I'm not allowed 929s or 954s any more. :-/
        Nor should I be.

Comment

Riot,you and I agree on a lot.It was more my father's disapproval than mine.I totally agree that 1000cc's on the street is the ultimate.I miss my 919,soulless I4 that it was.Torque for days....
          power wheelies at 90.Clip-on position is as comfortable as sand in your shorts.I like a big standard.Seriously craving the CB1000r.....turnkey and plush.
          Bill I was just thinking the other day how much I miss the torque of my old 919... The motor made the right noises for me. Oh well.
          88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
          89 Fairing Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
          90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates
          2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post

Bill I was just thinking the other day how much I miss the torque of my old 919... The motor made the right noises for me. Oh well.
            Yeah...Penance. for our Sins.....

Comment

Yeah...Penance. for our Sins.....
              Sad thing is I just saw a 2002 model the other day for a song. Like 2500, I am sure it could have been talked down to 2k though, knowing what i know about the first years, lol.
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
              89 Fairing Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates
              2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

the was nothing wrong with the first years! LOL
                Gino
                Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
                2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
                2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
                LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
                ECK RACING

Comment

Riot,you and I agree on a lot.It was more my father's disapproval than mine.I totally agree that 1000cc's on the street is the ultimate.I miss my 919,soulless I4 that it was.Torque for days....
                  power wheelies at 90.Clip-on position is as comfortable as sand in your shorts.I like a big standard.Seriously craving the CB1000r.....turnkey and plush.
                  For me it's not the overall amount of power avalibal that makes the bigger bikes fun. It's the ease of which I can get to that powee that I like.

By the time my 600 i4 is in the power I'm able to be arrested.

The 954 I get to feel it very time I stop. I can pop wheelies over train tracks and dips in the road by breathing on the throttle. I like being able to leave black marks out of 90degree corners witbout breakgin a sweat. I like staying in top gear on the highway and still being able to telling at my self in front of anyone else on the road if needed.

The stability and size of the older big bikes is nice too.

Oh, and no one ever says "my brother has one, but his is the 1000." Or "aren't you a little big for a 600?" So I'm far lest likely to get into a parking lot bitch slapping.

That said, my last one lead to three felony convictions..., So....

Comment

Well yeah. In addition to "I always wanted one" the 900RR has a reputation as a 'streetable' literbike.

I looked at the Gen1 R1, but it was just way more uncomfortable. This thing has a motor that can do 40k miles with basic maintenance, a tail trunk that will fit my lunch, and is way smoother on the highway than a Hawk.

The vintage goodness just means that I get street cred without having to keep up with the latest and greatest.

Comment

Originally Posted by riot View Post
                      Well yeah. In addition to "I always wanted one" the 900RR has a reputation as a 'streetable' literbike.

I looked at the Gen1 R1, but it was just way more uncomfortable. This thing has a motor that can do 40k miles with basic maintenance, a tail trunk that will fit my lunch, and is way smoother on the highway than a Hawk.

The vintage goodness just means that I get street cred without having to keep up with the latest and greatest.
                      Careful of that #3 cylinder. IIRC there is an issue with it not getting enough oil if the bike spends too much time on one wheel. We had a few of them we bought blowed up back in the day at my old shop.

The first gen r1 is also a FANTASTIC bike. I would have a hard time choosing between the two... They are SO different. but both SO cool.

Comment

Enjoy the hell out of it.

Comment

https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/...853162966.html
                          This would be worth $3500.Still a project......have to strip it down and blast the frame and wheels......side cases and EVERYTHING chrome into history.But the quality parts to work with...
                          special wheels....pipes....WW's subbie........ a set of these bad boys https://www.apexmfg.com/all-products...ct/view/11/173
                          Last edited by behindthetimes; 04-27-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I donít know, that one looks fancy, but all that polishing might be irreversible.

Iím 100% behind you on the bar risers though, Iím definitely going that way with my bike - thanks for the link!

Comment

I donít know, that one looks fancy, but all that polishing might be irreversible.

Iím 100% behind you on the bar risers though, Iím definitely going that way with my bike - thanks for the link!
                              Those ARE nice aren't they? If you Black anodize polished aluminum....it comes out like smoky and wild looking.It's an awesome look.

Comment

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/mcy...869295142.html Pretty

Comment

Working...
                                X