• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riot
    started a topic Cbr900rr sc28

Cbr900rr sc28

Madonna bike:

7949.jpeg

Because like Madonna, she might have been something to brag about back in '95 - but now she's kinof saggy and old.

Seeking tips:
    • Shock rebuild advice
    • Replacement bodywork
    • Engine technicians
    • Things to look out for

She needs some love, but is basically sound. $2500 = the cheapest way to 11sec 1/4 mile ever in any case!

In other news I have a minty mint mint SXV550 with a fresh Noland TWC rebuild for sale....

• behindthetimes
    replied
    I replied to the Yammie750 ad.......we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• riot
    replied
    Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I could be almost twinsies with Riot too though https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...851747561.html
    That one looks to be in better shape than mine. That said, mine looked great in the pictures too, but there is a lot of little stuff when you look closer. I wonder what the mileage is? Form the way it looks its still a good deal at $3500.

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    Originally Posted by joel View Post

There is a YZF750 that needs left side bodywork on CL for $1400 that has been very tempting. They're really,really good bikes. If Yamaha hadn't been idiots and just stuck the Fizzer 1000 motor in this chassis they would have had the best literbike in 1992.So dumb,for real.

I could be almost twinsies with Riot too though https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/...851747561.html
    https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/mc...857465369.html I can definitely get my hands on $700.....looking for something to throw WW's tail on......

Leave a comment:

• joel
    replied
    Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
    24980770933_a422c0fb8f_b.jpg

budget for period correct leathers
    There is a YZF750 that needs left side bodywork on CL for $1400 that has been very tempting. They're really,really good bikes. If Yamaha hadn't been idiots and just stuck the Fizzer 1000 motor in this chassis they would have had the best literbike in 1992.So dumb,for real.

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/mcy...869295142.html Pretty

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I donít know, that one looks fancy, but all that polishing might be irreversible.

Iím 100% behind you on the bar risers though, Iím definitely going that way with my bike - thanks for the link!
    Those ARE nice aren't they? If you Black anodize polished aluminum....it comes out like smoky and wild looking.It's an awesome look.

Leave a comment:

• riot
    replied
    I donít know, that one looks fancy, but all that polishing might be irreversible.

Iím 100% behind you on the bar risers though, Iím definitely going that way with my bike - thanks for the link!

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    https://sarasota.craigslist.org/mcy/...853162966.html
    This would be worth $3500.Still a project......have to strip it down and blast the frame and wheels......side cases and EVERYTHING chrome into history.But the quality parts to work with...
    special wheels....pipes....WW's subbie........ a set of these bad boys https://www.apexmfg.com/all-products...ct/view/11/173
    Last edited by behindthetimes; 04-27-2019, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    Well yeah. In addition to "I always wanted one" the 900RR has a reputation as a 'streetable' literbike.

I looked at the Gen1 R1, but it was just way more uncomfortable. This thing has a motor that can do 40k miles with basic maintenance, a tail trunk that will fit my lunch, and is way smoother on the highway than a Hawk.

The vintage goodness just means that I get street cred without having to keep up with the latest and greatest.
    Enjoy the hell out of it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Well yeah. In addition to "I always wanted one" the 900RR has a reputation as a 'streetable' literbike.

I looked at the Gen1 R1, but it was just way more uncomfortable. This thing has a motor that can do 40k miles with basic maintenance, a tail trunk that will fit my lunch, and is way smoother on the highway than a Hawk.

The vintage goodness just means that I get street cred without having to keep up with the latest and greatest.
    Careful of that #3 cylinder. IIRC there is an issue with it not getting enough oil if the bike spends too much time on one wheel. We had a few of them we bought blowed up back in the day at my old shop.

The first gen r1 is also a FANTASTIC bike. I would have a hard time choosing between the two... They are SO different. but both SO cool.

Leave a comment:

• riot
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
    Riot,you and I agree on a lot.It was more my father's disapproval than mine.I totally agree that 1000cc's on the street is the ultimate.I miss my 919,soulless I4 that it was.Torque for days....
    power wheelies at 90.Clip-on position is as comfortable as sand in your shorts.I like a big standard.Seriously craving the CB1000r.....turnkey and plush.
    For me it's not the overall amount of power avalibal that makes the bigger bikes fun. It's the ease of which I can get to that powee that I like.

By the time my 600 i4 is in the power I'm able to be arrested.

The 954 I get to feel it very time I stop. I can pop wheelies over train tracks and dips in the road by breathing on the throttle. I like being able to leave black marks out of 90degree corners witbout breakgin a sweat. I like staying in top gear on the highway and still being able to telling at my self in front of anyone else on the road if needed.

The stability and size of the older big bikes is nice too.

Oh, and no one ever says "my brother has one, but his is the 1000." Or "aren't you a little big for a 600?" So I'm far lest likely to get into a parking lot bitch slapping.

That said, my last one lead to three felony convictions..., So....

Leave a comment:

• nt650hawk
    replied
    the was nothing wrong with the first years! LOL

Leave a comment:

• rpcraft
    replied
    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

Yeah...Penance. for our Sins.....
    Sad thing is I just saw a 2002 model the other day for a song. Like 2500, I am sure it could have been talked down to 2k though, knowing what i know about the first years, lol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X