Cbr1100xx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cbr1100xx

my neighbor is passing away from pancreatic cancer. He will be done before the end of the year and is trying to get his property in order so his wife has no issues.. replaced his roof, sold his motorboat and his Blackbird to his neighbor - me. I figured it would be one less thing to do for him.

who’s ridden, owned one? Whaddya think? Why’d you sell?

I haven’t owned anything larger than my VFR 80...

We need pics
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

LOVE those things.
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Hubba Hubba.Nozzle has a big gun. big-tank.jpg

Comment

funny, I have not yet taken pics... I'll see what I can do when I get back to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
            funny, I have not yet taken pics... I'll see what I can do when I get back to it.
            Honda's Busa.

Comment

yeah, certainly interesting history between the manufacturers when they started those top speed wars. Honda got cold feet and pulled back. This is a later F.I. bike, and is silver vice flat black with the carbon RF absorption materials.

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
                yeah, certainly interesting history between the manufacturers when they started those top speed wars. Honda got cold feet and pulled back. This is a later F.I. bike, and is silver vice flat black with the carbon RF absorption materials.
                You'll need a tin foil helmet.

Comment

3ED8454D-F81B-4757-AAD7-2DB7E860D985.jpegDF8CF34E-1869-4428-B82F-31EBBF49B482.jpeg1A7B8AEF-9D48-4FD4-B3E4-66EFB25EB06F.jpeg Has some nice stuff, some not well executed... like the red. For the Penske shock was mounted to the side bag rack making the bag unable to be mounted... guess that technician was like “kool, dude put a mounting bracket on both sides for the remote reservoir” he got to his tasty waves and cool buzz on sooner.

Comment

That's a lot of bike.
                    Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                      That's a lot of bike.
                      Yep, we'll see if it is worth the space...I'd ridden it before the suspension work and it was a big dawg then, I've not ridden her since she went to Traxxion Dynamics charm school. I'll need a cross country jaunt to figure it out.

Comment

Super smooth and cool. Should be hella comfy with the bar conversion and seat,freakin perfect for a 40 CC.

There’s a lot of small bike snobbery in Hawk people that I’ve always thought is lame. Hawks are miserable things to ride long distances and unless roads are THAT tight,nah,you ain’t running away from a big bike with your 48hp.

I think black XXs with Beetlebags are the coolest looking fast GTs,more like an M5 on 2 wheels than anything BMW has made themselves. I do wish they had used the NR750 headlight along with the windscreen and mirrors,would have been a cooler looking bike that the beak but eh,oh well. It’s amazing what so little $ gets these days,no idea what you paid and none of my business but the fact that $3500 can find one or a ZX12 is crazy and awesome. So much fast for such little cash.

Comment

snobbery in Hawks is nothing compared to the Porsche forums....

Comment

Whenever I see a bike this size, I can't help but wonder where the other half of that car went.

Here is how BMW builds the K1600 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_yN6jBK-s

Does it have AC?

Comment

Originally Posted by kolby View Post
                              Whenever I see a bike this size, I can't help but wonder where the other half of that car went.

Here is how BMW builds the K1600 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_yN6jBK-s

Does it have AC?
                              yep, works over 40mph

different tool for different job than the Hawk GT.
                              whenever I see someone two up and camping on a 650 twin I wonder if they would have been better off on their own bikes... come to think of it, I've never seen someone do that

Comment

Working...
                              X