Here's a bike for the non-conformist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a bike for the non-conformist

I like it! Maddening and aggressive...Ride's gotta suck tho! A cool bike to cruise the downtown at night. "Darth Maul, your ride is ready!"

Let's hear your thoughts!

aprilia-svx550-custom-7-1200x801.jpg

https://www.bikeexif.com/aprilia-sxv550-custom
    Eric Y.
    NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
    Yuzon Designworks

Wow. What an achievement. A less practical, harder to work on, SXV.

I'm as impressed as ever by something from bikeexif.
    Last edited by ParcNHawk; 07-09-2021, 11:50 PM.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
      Wow. What an achievement. A less practical, harder to work on, SXV.

I'm as impressed as ever by something from bikeexif.
      Exactly. And the bike will need to come apart in short order given it has an SXV lump that is likely to explode at any moment.
      ASMA #139

Comment

Well, since it won’t make it many miles, the rebuilds shouldn’t be a problem.

But I wonder if it can even be ridden a few blocks from the truck to the show. The SXV takes a bit to warm up, and the power delivery is… abrupt. Combine that light flywheel and vibration with the fact the bike has basically no suspension, how long till a few custom parts fall off?

I’m with you guys too, I have a low tolerance for art bikes that can’t be ridden.

Comment

This bike he's built has better design and more mechanical. Like an Omega Moon watch with an exhibition back.

Like the Hawk, Ducatis have a great platform for customizing. My problem with these is that every part available is boutique level prices.

ducati-cafe-fighter-6-1200x801.jpg
          ​​​​​​​

https://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-cafe-fighter
          Eric Y.
          NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
          Yuzon Designworks

Comment

Very impressive work.

Not what I would build if I had that skill.. but I don't so I don't get to choose. Haha
            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

It makes BikeEXIF "feel good about the future of the custom scene." Let me think: a hardtail sports bike. Maybe they mean that there will be a working rear suspension in its future?

Comment

As with everything from that entire “lifestyle brand” or whatever one might call it: hipster rubbish.

Comment

That first one's for people who don't know what they're looking at when they're looking at bikes to drool over... not for anyone who's ever ridden so much as a pit bike. I'll never forget the "giant spikes on everything trend" in the early 2000's... like, spikes are the LAST thing I want, but I actually ride. People who didn't ride thought it was dope, though.

That 2nd photo of the Duc? That's more like it. Although I bet that shock gets pretty warm...
                  1988 "BlackHawk" project
                  1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                  1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                  People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

He's very good making and welding conical section exhaust pipes with lots and lots of segments.
                    Hawk with many differently shaped fuel tanks.

Comment

His metalworking is what I liked. The Duc handmade underbelly muffler is cool. I like how the Aprilia looks as that was what struck me at first. Then, on second viewing, the proportions are way off. Some parts are too big and some too small. The design aspects kinda remind of of the Japanese custom guy (Zero). Kinda - sorta. I'm thinking Shinya Kimura. Same guy you dagus quoted!

And yes, agree with all the gripes about the practicality and rideability. I was actually hoping for more feedback on the same creators Ducati. Maybe it should have been on it's own.
                      Eric Y.
                      NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
                      Yuzon Designworks

Comment

Shinya Kimura's stuff is awesome.
                        1988 "BlackHawk" project
                        1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                        1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                        People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Working...