read, react, discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

read, react, discuss

https://robbreport.com/motors/motorcycles/lists/best-motorcycles-21st-century-1234638428/2017-bmw-k-1600-gt/
    My pronouns are she/hers.

To ride is to live.

There, and back again. (photos from the epic journey)

'88 Hawk GT (Rekka)
    '07 Shadow 600 (Gremlin)

'90 Hawk GT (Fireball/red-tailed hawk) RIP

some manufacturers may have PAID for inclusion.
    "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

So subjective. Is a bike great just because it’s rare? Or what if it is just really functional? If I made a list, it would never have a full bagger touring bike on it, but that’s just because super slab touring is not something I understand as a motorcyclist.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to judge which bikes will be “great” in real time. That is why I love vintage bikes so much.

Comment

Originally Posted by riot View Post
        So subjective. Is a bike great just because it’s rare? Or what if it is just really functional? If I made a list, it would never have a full bagger touring bike on it, but that’s just because super slab touring is not something I understand as a motorcyclist.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to judge which bikes will be “great” in real time. That is why I love vintage bikes so much.
        I would say it's impossible to say which bikes will be "great" period. Most of us on here would have a similar opinion on what bikes are "great" bikes...

We are all here for the hawk. Most of us value things like simplicity, build quality, reliability, adaptability. Most of us like performance, but like light weight bikes that are easy to work on and put an emphasis on ride and handling over power. Most of us prefer time proven bikes over the latest and greatest.

I'm sure we could keep going on that.. but I'll try to stop. .

Go talk to the kids that work for me and get their list... Busa's, gixxer 1k's, banshees, 450 mx bikes... Then go talk to my parents and their riding friends and get their list, Harley's, old Harley's, Indians, old Indians. You probably won't find a common bike between the three lists.

​​​​​I'll admit to not reading the article, but if I had to take a guess it's an assortment of bikes from different categories that picks the low hanging fruit from a few different genres of riding to appeal a little bit to everyone.

Again, didn't read it. Probably won't... But it's an interesting topic so I wanted to reply.
        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

I have to say that out of all those listed there were 2 bikes I would like to have a ride on,But none that I would want to own and certainly none that look outstanding.
          My personal preference is obviously influenced by past bikes that I've owned.

Comment

Working...
          X