Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Projects (feel free to add yours!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weekend Projects (feel free to add yours!)

    This weekend chuck and I got into swapping out a rusty fender on my truck. Didn't realize just how bad it was before we got it off.

    Ordered a replacement from parts geek who absurdly blew the bull by packing it in an absurdly large box.. but we got the old one off, new one painted and now she's good as new!

    IMG_20220227_141834.jpg

    IMG_20220227_151012.jpg
    IMG_20220227_182056.jpg
    IMG_20220228_131409.jpg
    IMG_20220228_152819.jpg


    Some Sundays we can get together for 8 hours and archive only having stared at parts and talked.. others we can do this in a day. Guess it depends how much sleep we got. Haha
    ​​​

    Whatcha all get up to this weekend or last or next??
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    #2
    Old one was a little past it's prime..

    IMG_20220227_155153.jpg

    Warning: Wash under your fender flares!!!
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    Comment


      #3
      Try this again... Long weekend. We are replacing a good bit of the fore deck on a 1972 40' (ish, maybe 42 or 44) Silverton. Rotted out. My buddy started the project, got most through then injured his arms so we are giving a hand. Final epoxy tonight. Hope to launch tomorrow..

      IMG_20220527_170407.jpg

      Marina wants it OUT of the storage area last week!


      What y'all up yo this weekend?!?
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

      Comment


        #4
        I've been continuing the slow process of insulating my garage and putting up wall panels and shelves. I'm hoping this weekend I can finish organizing the scrap wood lumber rack in the loft space and finish getting crap on shelves and get the general layout done. We shall see.

        PXL_20220522_231022668.jpg
        Suzondacati Build Thread

        Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

        Various parts for sale

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
          I've been continuing the slow process of insulating my garage and putting up wall panels and shelves. I'm hoping this weekend I can finish organizing the scrap wood lumber rack in the loft space and finish getting crap on shelves and get the general layout done. We shall see.

          PXL_20220522_231022668.jpg
          That's really coming along dude! I know it's not the fastest project but for a big DIY project I feel it's not too bad considering the quality you are doing the work to and that you need to live a whole life whilst doing it.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

          Comment


            #6
            Looks good frinesi2. Seems like organizing the garage and sho p never end.
            I am reseting a walkway I put on the dirt 16 years ago. Digging down few inches to give it a proper gravel and sand base. Yes I am using that 110 lb weight as a tamper. Also running the rear brake line thru the swing arm.
            20220528_170002.jpg
            20220526_175044.jpg

            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              I'm pretty happy with the lumber rack. Got a ton of stuff up here and out of the main work area.

              Thinking about getting a cheap plane, or borrowing one, so I can use some of the older bowed scrap wood to make more shelves for the workspace. Always need more shelves.

              PXL_20220528_171729924.jpg
              Oh yeah and I'm buying an MR2 Spyder. Guy up the street can't drive his anymore. He's had it since new. A tree sorta fell on it and it got "totaled" so I'm getting a killer deal on it.
              Suzondacati Build Thread

              Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

              Various parts for sale

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                Oh yeah and I'm buying an MR2 Spyder. Guy up the street can't drive his anymore. He's had it since new. A tree sorta fell on it and it got "totaled" so I'm getting a killer deal on it.


                ​​​​​​I Feel we need more info on this.....

                Tree "fell" how big a tree and how "on" it? What's it need? What year? What color? What trans? And what are your plans for that little guy?

                ​​​​​
                Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by 6 View Post



                  ​​​​​​I Feel we need more info on this.....

                  Tree "fell" how big a tree and how "on" it? What's it need? What year? What color? What trans? And what are your plans for that little guy?

                  ​​​​​
                  2000 MR2 Spyder with 147k miles. 5 speed manual. Silver.

                  A very large tree limb fell on it, denting the windshield frame and driver's side fender, smashing the windshield, and knocking out the rear glass (but somehow not punching in to the convertible top).

                  It has sat and rarely been driven for years, so the owner had some work done to get it running (drained the old gas, new fuel pump, injectors, plugs, etc). He says it still doesn't work run quite right so I'll take a look at that.

                  ​​​​​So other than a new windshield, some body work, some engine service, other general service like pads and rotors, clutch, maybe all new bushings, polished or just brand new headlights, and maybe a new top, it just needs a really good cleaning and it's ready to rock.

                  Worst case with the motor is I swap in a 2zz-ge or a Honda K24 and 6-speed from an Acura TSC. Both of those swaps are common and well-documented.
                  Suzondacati Build Thread

                  Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

                  Various parts for sale

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Worked more on the 1976 XL350. Filthy bike, 42 years of grime, so all the running gear comes apart for cleaning and lubrication. Painted the frame and swing arm black. Hope to get wheels together with new bearings and brake shoes so I can go to work on the engine. It needs a lot of love.

                    XR350 Clean Up 5-1-22 MED.jpg

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have an unplanned weekend project. Troubleshooting. My Hawk was spluttering like it was running out of gas. I put more gas in even though it wasn't really empty (it was low). After putting more gas in, now it sounds like it is only running on one cylinder.
                      Brian - Richland, WA
                      1991 Hawk GT
                      1997 VFR

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post

                        2000 MR2 Spyder with 147k miles. 5 speed manual. Silver.

                        A very large tree limb fell on it, denting the windshield frame and driver's side fender, smashing the windshield, and knocking out the rear glass (but somehow not punching in to the convertible top).

                        It has sat and rarely been driven for years, so the owner had some work done to get it running (drained the old gas, new fuel pump, injectors, plugs, etc). He says it still doesn't work run quite right so I'll take a look at that.

                        ​​​​​So other than a new windshield, some body work, some engine service, other general service like pads and rotors, clutch, maybe all new bushings, polished or just brand new headlights, and maybe a new top, it just needs a really good cleaning and it's ready to rock.

                        Worst case with the motor is I swap in a 2zz-ge or a Honda K24 and 6-speed from an Acura TSC. Both of those swaps are common and well-documented.
                        I saw the boosted boys (I refuse to spell it like them) k24 mr2 swap. It looked like a doable thing and am absolute blast to drive!

                        Fun. Post pics when you can!
                        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I swapped gears.

                          My weekend got real messed up real fast. Kristen had to take the kids to Florida to watch their dad die.

                          The boat is in the water and Dan is out on it.

                          I took the day alone to finally mount my Warn Evo winch. It's been in a box since there was snow on the ground.

                          IMG_20220529_115550.jpg IMG_20220529_115541.jpg

                          Then I'll walk the dog. Then field calls from a crying wife for the night. Stoked to walk the dog.
                          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally Posted by ricksax View Post
                            Worked more on the 1976 XL350. Filthy bike, 42 years of grime, so all the running gear comes apart for cleaning and lubrication. Painted the frame and swing arm black. Hope to get wheels together with new bearings and brake shoes so I can go to work on the engine. It needs a lot of love.

                            XR350 Clean Up 5-1-22 MED.jpg
                            Worthwhile project tho! Those things are wicked cool. What's the engine need?
                            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
                              I have an unplanned weekend project. Troubleshooting. My Hawk was spluttering like it was running out of gas. I put more gas in even though it wasn't really empty (it was low). After putting more gas in, now it sounds like it is only running on one cylinder.
                              Ugg.

                              Clog a filter? It's possible to damage a plug running lean... But rare af to do it by running out of gas...

                              ​​​​​​Let us know what you find sir. I'll be wondering.
                              Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X