Honda reinvents the Hawk for 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post

Probably nothing - but I'd have to ride one to see. I'm a realist - I'll never truly get down to 1 bike. The FJ09 is setup splendidly, and the Tuono 1100 is pure magic. Of course I didn't know about the Aprilia until I bought an older one and lived with it for a bit. Who knows, maybe the FJ09 moves on and this Honda takes it's place with some luggage? Just never really know.

I like where they're going with it though and I can see some modification opportunities.

WW/R
    I'd never want to be down to one bike. Life's too short.

But in a world where I already know I can pay next 1/4s property tax, my wife's car runs and I own a t bird, Id have

dirt bike
    Track bike (race bikes of various sorts)
    Distance street bike Around town street bike
    Enduro
    Somthing uselessly fast and sporty to the point where it makes no sense to ride on the road
    And some nostalgia bikes/classics/hawks

Multiple practical commuter bikes just doesn't compute in my brain.

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

I'm really not sure why people want to compare it to our beloved Hawk GT. It's called a Hornet, and the reverences I've read are to CB (not NT) heritage. Besides, I see KTM Duke and Ducati Multistrada lines in their design. If it comes in at 419 lbs wet with 90+hp I think it could be a hoot.

WW/R
      My bad! I started this thing by calling it a Hawk descendant. By that I meant a small naked sports bike.

I had my Hornet (2005 919) and I did not grow to like it, sold it. It truly was a bike put together by accountants from the parts bin.

The Hornet 750 looks a bit more integrated to my eye. BTW, many younger inmates over at the adventure site think its styling looks "old and outdated." Go figure.

Comment

Seems like Honda went to the Triumph school of attaching side covers with 50 bolts.....
        Hawk with many differently shaped fuel tanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by ricksax View Post

My bad! I started this thing by calling it a Hawk descendant. By that I meant a small naked sports bike.

I had my Hornet (2005 919) and I did not grow to like it, sold it. It truly was a bike put together by accountants from the parts bin.

The Hornet 750 looks a bit more integrated to my eye. BTW, many younger inmates over at the adventure site think its styling looks "old and outdated." Go figure.
          Not your bad at all. The reference to the NT is often made with concept bikes from Honda by us Meer onlookers, and it certainly isn't limited to this iteration.

I really like the Transalp option we've seen leaked too. I'm a genuine Honda worshipper without a modern Honda in my fleet. I'd really like to find an excuse to change that.

WW/R
          Life is a journey, not a destination.

Comment

I really like the Transalp option we've seen leaked too.
            WW/R
            They really fucked up not naming that the translap.

Comment

https://www.rideapart.com/news/61547...-cb750-hornet/

kar-lee-design-2023-honda-cb750-hornet-redesign.jpg

770376-16x9-sm.jpg
              Last edited by Captain 80s; 10-11-2022, 01:42 PM.
              "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

That is beautiful! Other than the bars are a bit low for an old guy like me, that looks terrific.
                Brian - Richland, WA
                1991 Hawk GT
                1997 VFR

Comment

Uhh... hmmm. Maybe kinda splits the difference between a MT-07 and MT-09? People can never decide between those. Specs look decent, engine geometries are good. Has potential I think, looks-wise to me it depends entirely on the colors. I don't care for the headlight but I'm an old F.
                  J.D. Hord
                  Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                    Almost a hawk. Cool bike, but to me, a hawk has an sssa, an aluminum frame and ideally a V twin. The last one i guess i could budge on, if its still a twin of some configuration then its a grey area, but the other two are mandates.
                    Okay, how about this one, the new Arch 1s. SSSA. Aluminum frame components. V-twin. $128,000.

ARch 1s.png

Comment

The front and rear wheels are in different Zip Codes.

Like this:

batcycle-batman-motorcycle.jpg
                      "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

And officially announced and possibly the first new bike I'll buy. If funds are ok next year like they are supposed to be I will add this to the stable. I need something for our utter shit roads and want to do some dirt exploring, not single track motocross but logging roads and stuff. This could be perfect.

Depends on how much they ask for it.

Comment

I only became interested in the Hawk GT after owning a 1990 Transalp. The new one appears to have fixed the two problems: power, and brakes. It seems to weigh about as much as my 1990. But the expense isn't just the bike. You have get adventure gear. Adventure boots. Adventure pants and coat. A helmet with a beak. Adventure gloves. Adventure underwear. It adds up.

TA Curves 3-1-15.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by ricksax View Post
                            I only became interested in the Hawk GT after owning a 1990 Transalp. The new one appears to have fixed the two problems: power, and brakes. It seems to weigh about as much as my 1990. But the expense isn't just the bike. You have get adventure gear. Adventure boots. Adventure pants and coat. A helmet with a beak. Adventure gloves. Adventure underwear. It adds up.

TA Curves 3-1-15.jpg
                            LOL I have all that and ride a GL1000 so good to go. People look at me in my gear and figure I'm on a BMW GS but then I ride away on a 79 wing with bark busters LOL.

Comment

Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
                              And officially announced and possibly the first new bike I'll buy. If funds are ok next year like they are supposed to be I will add this to the stable. I need something for our utter shit roads and want to do some dirt exploring, not single track motocross but logging roads and stuff. This could be perfect.

Depends on how much they ask for it.
                              In white and blue right?

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

In white and blue right?

Of course the other colours shouldn't even be bothered being made.

Comment

Working...
                                X