Motorcycle alarm ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle alarm ?

Hey im thinking of fitting a bike alarm to my bros ( super 4 v tec) was stolen two years ago im just wondering has anyone else done this suggest brands and maybe wiring help .
    im worried that because the bros is an old bike willit drain the battery ive had friends had issues with alarms draining batterys ?
    any help and info would be great tho .

Alarms don't prevent theft... They just make noise until disabled and then they steal your shit.... The only way to prevent theft is to make it unavailable. Save your money and spend it elsewhere.
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
    89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
    2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
      Alarms don't prevent theft... They just make noise until disabled and then they steal your shit.... The only way to prevent theft is to make it unavailable. Save your money and spend it elsewhere.
      Hahaha.... Sounds about right, especially considering it takes seconds for a couple of guys to load your bike into a van.
      I've read that a ragged cover and strategic parking spot are key.

I'm planning a trip and got a dirty old cover and a cheap disk lock with alarm.

Comment

I had an immobiliser and a floor anchor last time they stole my bike the fact that I didnt have an alarm fitted they were comfortable working in the dark on the bike without me knowing

Comment

I would think a bike cover would provide more security then a alarm..... less visible the bike, unseen....the less attractive....but you will never stop a professional thief.....unless you chain a pitbull killer dog to the bike....that's 100% security.

Comment

Originally Posted by honda coaster View Post
            I would think a bike cover would provide more security then a alarm..... less visible the bike, unseen....the less attractive....but you will never stop a professional thief.....unless you chain a pitbull killer dog to the bike....that's 100% security.
            Nothing a nice porterhouse won't take care of.I suggest a house with a garage or a storage unit. You pass a big chain thru both wheels and you risk the finish of the wheels.3/8 hardened chain will defy all but the biggest bolt cutter.Then you need a lock.I've seen trailer locks for pintle hooks that have a hasp 3/4" thick.
            You can lock it up it you go beefy enough. How about a surveillance camera right over the bike?Maybe a little sign that says..."Go ahead...Make my day"
            Last edited by behindthetimes; 1 Week Ago.

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

Nothing a nice porterhouse won't take care of.I suggest a house with a garage or a storage unit. You pass a big chain thru both wheels and you risk the finish of the wheels.3/8 hardened chain will defy all but the biggest bolt cutter.Then you need a lock.I've seen trailer locks for pintle hooks that have a hasp 3/4" thick.
              You can lock it up it you go beefy enough. How about a surveillance camera right over the bike?Maybe a little sign that says..."Go ahead...Make my day"
              I'm smellin gunpowder !
              "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

I considered an alarm at one point a long time ago, but the more I thoguth about it I was thinking more like Bill (BTT). If someone wantsa bike, its theirs if given enough time. The best ways to prevent someone stealing a bike is to make sure its in a highly lit spot if in a parking lot and try not to leave it long. Also, if I go to a palce with other bikes, I park the hawk around bikes that are more desirable. We love our hawks to death, but a good thief will go after the ducati or more higher performance bike before a hawk. One other thing I did was added a hidden kill switch. It kills all power to the ignition so it cant start. It wont prevent a thief from taking it, but it might just slow them down slightly if their intention is to ride off with it. By the time they can figure out where a kill switch is, I shouldnt be too far behind with my buddies, Smith and Wesson to deter them from taking it.
                Penske 8983, 3.0 jet kit, GVE's, RT springs, mikuni pump/cust mount, lightened rotor, Aztec8 Duals, EB harness,RX2N, Lenac brake kit/cust. reasets, CRG mirrors/levers, Full ti M4, Fabi hugger, Gino's roller, Brents frame slider, BTTs res elim., WW torsion bar, Eric'c cf sidestand and res bracket, Bogans Sprocket cover, plus much more
                http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17600

I also do decals for our Hawks and Bros on the forum. I do stock colors or custom colors. I can also do about any design out there or custom design you wish for.
                link to the decals and pricing....
                http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/hon...ics-and-prices

Comment

There's a YouTube of a bike theft in NYC.Nice white CBR something,all chained with a lock.Broad daylight,busy street. A van pulls up,doors slide open,and 3 guys get out,pick the bike up and throw it in the van.
                  Maybe 15-20 seconds tops.

Comment

It's really common down in Houston, and especially closer to the border.
                    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
                    89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
                    2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

I think ill abandon the alarm idea like behind the times way of thinking my last weakspot time the bike was stolen was I had a crap u lock Im deffo gonna fit a tripswitch again maybe a set of keyed alike shutterlocks

Comment

Originally Posted by Berno 2020 View Post
                        I think ill abandon the alarm idea like behind the times way of thinking my last weakspot time the bike was stolen was I had a crap u lock Im deffo gonna fit a tripswitch again maybe a set of keyed alike shutterlocks
                        You try and separate the run=of-the-mill "opportunity" thieves from the real pros....it's a deterrent , that should be all you need.Nothing is gonna stop a pro.

Comment

Which reminds me of the Story of How JuicedStang999 had his fine Ducati 999 stolen...

Remember to take your KEYS OUT OF THE IGNITION. Even if it's "just for a second!"

Comment

Lol well last time my weakspot was my lock I had a floor anchor and chain tgat couldnt be cut with bolt cutters we had no motin detector lights either they planned it well pushed the bike away so they could work on it nearby had it 8 years they destroyed it was more a case that they didnt want me to have it rather than stealing the bike .
                            if I took the attitude that a pro is gonna get it no matter what well then I may aswell gove up .
                            most biketheves lookfor the easy steal if theres more than one layer ofsecurity they walk away .

Comment

Working...
                            X