Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viking Medium Black Street/Sportbike Backpack

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Viking Medium Black Street/Sportbike Backpack

    I've been using this backpack (https://www.vikingbags.com/moto-ridi...-back-pack.htm) for a while and really satisfied with the product.
    I've been commuting 12 miles each way every day for the past 6 weeks or so and absolutely love this pack. It's just slim enough and yet practical at the same time. A 15" macbook fits right into the laptop pocket (a little tight but does).
    This bag is almost perfect for my usage, my only beef, and a minor one is with the waist and chest straps. Both should be removable and a bit more gracious when unbuckled. The bottom ones tend to flap around and hit my helmet as I walk with them unbuckled. That said, I'm VERY pleased overall.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

    #2
    Originally Posted by ClayJohnson View Post
    I've been using this backpack (https://www.vikingbags.com/moto-ridi...-back-pack.htm) for a while and really satisfied with the product.
    I've been commuting 12 miles each way every day for the past 6 weeks or so and absolutely love this pack. It's just slim enough and yet practical at the same time. A 15" macbook fits right into the laptop pocket (a little tight but does).
    This bag is almost perfect for my usage, my only beef, and a minor one is with the waist and chest straps. Both should be removable and a bit more gracious when unbuckled. The bottom ones tend to flap around and hit my helmet as I walk with them unbuckled. That said, I'm VERY pleased overall.
    Good to know my work backpack is a problem right now. I have to carry it 15 in Windows machine at 13-in Linux machine I'm about to add a 15 in portable screen plus Chargers, cables, and accessories. I was looking for a new bag I'll check them out.
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    Comment


      #3
      Now that we know that it holds a load of computer gear, is there provision for a water bladder? Gets hot here in the southeast…

      Edit: Never mind, followed the link, no joy…
      Last edited by flyinelvis; 09-09-2022, 07:40 AM.
      This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

      Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

      Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

      Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

      Comment


        #4
        Originally Posted by 6 View Post

        Good to know my work backpack is a problem right now. I have to carry it 15 in Windows machine at 13-in Linux machine I'm about to add a 15 in portable screen plus Chargers, cables, and accessories. I was looking for a new bag I'll check them out.
        Yes, you should, BTW, how come you joined in 1982? I'm sure you are not that ancient.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by ClayJohnson View Post

          Yes, you should, BTW, how come you joined in 1982? I'm sure you are not that ancient.
          Because my man, I was born for this shit.


          Born a hawker they say...

          (It's almost as if I can change postcounts and join dates to whatever I'd like(I've been waiting 5 years for someone to ask that question. You would win a prize if I had one.))
          Last edited by 6; 09-12-2022, 04:49 PM.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

          Comment


            #6
            I use their little enduro bags,decent value for the money

            Comment


              #7
              I've been a big fan of sling bags as of late. They just turn out to be easier to get on with my gear and dealing with a weird shoulder injury. Currently I carry the 5.11 Rush Moab 10. It's large enough for my 14 inch Dell a power cable and a cheap amazon mouse. It also has a spot handy for my ipad pro (which I am slowly starting to use far more than my laptop), a field notebook and some writing utinsels. There is ample space for a small battery and charging accessories. It's got a lot of Moly strapping on it if you are into that but I usually refrain because I don't want danglers catching on things as I was walking in tight areas and also it's just an opportunity for something to get ripped off.
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
              89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by joel View Post
                I use their little enduro bags,decent value for the money

                Are these https://www.vikingbags.com/dirt-bike-saddlebags medium-size saddlebags? I saw a large one on their website but could not find it.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by 6 View Post

                  Because my man, I was born for this shit.


                  Born a hawker they say...

                  (It's almost as if I can change postcounts and join dates to whatever I'd like(I've been waiting 5 years for someone to ask that question. You would win a prize if I had one.))
                  . I never noticed that. Odd considering the Hawk didn't arrive until 1988, LOL.
                  Brian - Richland, WA
                  1991 Hawk GT
                  1997 VFR

                  Comment


                    #10
                    seems like a disguised advertisement. i bet he got the backpack free as his reward.
                    "It's only getting worse."


                    MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

                    Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X