NHC: My New race bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHC: My New race bike.

I still have the Hawk but i picked this up yesterday.

1999 750SS Frame
    -Gusseted (strengthened at the steering head) and chopped (directly behind the shock mount and foot peg mounts ARC Fabrication.
    -Custom aluminum sub-frame to support '99 style Carbon Fiber tail, and '99 style steel gastank w/ fillers for carburetter setup
    -Fully Adjustable 900SS Forks, BCM Built and Valved for Loudon
    -Ohlins Shock
    -Aluminum Swing-arm
    -Axl-Jak Frame Sliders
    -Superbike Master Cylinders and Calipers (Gold-Line)
    -1992 Style upper, side fairings and lower
    -Stock Brembo wheels

1992 750SS (795cc) BCM "Stage 2" Motor
    -10.5:1 High Compression Pistons
    -Carillo Rods
    -900SS Cams
    -BCM (Bruce) Ported Heads
    -Lightened Crank
    -Kehlin FCR 39 Flat-Slide Carbs
    -2 into 1 ARC Fabrication Exhaust
    -BCM Race Wiring Harness
    -BCM Race Battery re-location and battery box
    -Has not been on the dyno, but was told it was in the 75-80 rwhp range, and keeping right on LWSB SV's at the track. Last ran in the Expert Class.

Weighs about 335-340 lbs.

BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

looks expensive.

Comment

Wasn't

$2250 plus that CB400F that I paid $500 for....

Or did you mean to take care of?

Comment

Those ol' 750 Pantah engines are sleepers. If Bruce worked on it, then... it'll run good. Mine's about the same exact spec except with a Pistal 795 kit. 85hp on pump gas, about 90 on the good stuff! Shifting gears: Optional.
        J.D. Hord
        Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Nice score Doc!!! hmmm.... seems like you might have a spare race bike kicking around ...
          '88 Hawk GT
          '89 Harley FXSTC
          2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

You know I love you, Doc, but fuck you.

This guy's got multiple bikes, and my one and lonely Hawk isn't even roadworthy...
            1988 "BlackHawk" project
            1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
            1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
            People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc
              Wasn't

$2250 plus that CB400F that I paid $500 for....

Or did you mean to take care of?
              BOTH! lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                You know I love you, Doc, but fuck you.

This guy's got multiple bikes, and my one and lonely Hawk isn't even roadworthy...
                Love you too man!

You should see my garage, GS500 racebike in pieces, a Hawk in pieces, a Road worthy hawk (that I recently sold), an XR100 pit bike, My Race Hawk, My street Ducati 900ss, this race Ducati AND a 1986 Yamaha Radian I just picked up for a friend! I gotta slow this down a little. I do love the revolving door of bike though.

I have to say... Going off to war gives you a little extra income for toys AND an appreciation for them.

Unitl my wife gets pregnant I am just gonna keep trying to make slight profits, add to my "motorcycle fund" and upgrade as I can. IF WE get pregnant, MOST of this stuff will go (I'll keep a racebike and a roadbike)

Comment

Originally Posted by Hordpower
                  Those ol' 750 Pantah engines are sleepers. If Bruce worked on it, then... it'll run good. Mine's about the same exact spec except with a Pistal 795 kit. 85hp on pump gas, about 90 on the good stuff! Shifting gears: Optional.
                  I am gonna be picking your brain on this one too JD.

Comment

Doc, just wondering if you'd be interested in adopting a 31 y/o boy? He enjoys motorcycles and is potty trained.
                    He even comes with his own Hawk and family.
                    -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Comment

More pics,

Comment

Hey Doc, it looks to me like your trying to sell the new bike already. If your looking to turn a profit that's cool but there are better ways to make a buck than buying bikes on speculation. If you spent as much time focused on your racing program (and one bike) as you appear to be spending buying projects and flipping bikes there would be no keeping up with you.

You should be thinking more track time not more track bikes.

Hope to catch up with your NHIS crew this summer.
                        Faster than your mother... She's what the pros use.

Comment

Outch
                          Gino
                          Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
                          2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
                          2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
                          LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
                          ECK RACING

Comment

Originally Posted by nt650hawk
                            Outch
                            Ouch is friggin right!

Where the fuck did that come from?

I have a hobby. (and quite possibly some motorcycle ADD). I decided when I was overseas that I was gonna take some money and buy a bike, fix it and sell it for a small profit, take that money and buy another, etc. I find it fun and educational.

On top of that I am starting to do work on friends bikes for free, just little stuff that I show them how to do, which I like alot and I learn alot.

I have "flipped" a couple bikes and made a little profit which helps to finance my race addiction. I was told racing was not going to be cheap and it isn't, I set a budget and I am sticking to it thanks to my "flipping' bikes.

I don't understand the negative connotation there Crash. Are you jealous?

My "Race Program" is coming along nicely. I pick up a couple seconds a lap per weekend. I think that pace is fine for me and I am having a blast.

I am also having a blast "flipping" bikes. If you don't like it, you don't have to. I would appreciate your not making judgements.

BTW, What is this better way to make money, rather than "buying bikes on speculation"? and what does that mean exactly? Do you think I am not smart enough to know a deal when I see one?

Comment

i know i cant say shit... i flip cars all the time.. lol..

nothing like getting a couple thousand dollar car for a few hundred, putting a few thousand miles on it, then selling it for several times what you paid... all for some minimal work.. usually nothing more then a weekends worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X