Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAWK 700 VS. Ducati Hypermotard

Have I got a good one for you.

The HAWK with a 700 kit with a carb set for a stock engine pulls on the Ducati Hypermotard :willy:

At yesterday's Tony Track Day someone was adventurous enough to put the Hypermotard on the track. It sure is a looker. While out on the track Ken Condon (a senior instructor with all kinds of motorcycling credentials) passed me while I was circulating the track. He was borrowing the bike from the owner. OH there is the Hypermotard. Lets se how this thing runs. Granted he was taking it fairly easy in the corners, as not to put this bike down. It doesn’t run too bad as I was only probably running about 70% keeping up with him. Although on the straights I had a feeling that he was hitting the throttle hard. I would come out of the turn about 15-20’ NOT in the draft and I was able to hold my distance if not I was slightly able to close in on him, by no means leaps and bounds, but still. I later talked to him about this and he mentioned that he was brining it all the way the limiter for the shifts. So I knew he was working it on the straight-aways. That put a grin on my face. Leave it up to Honda’s 18 year old technology to still make wonderful things happen.
    Gino
    Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
    ECK RACING

(cue the music)
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are the champ-yuns, my frieeeeeeeend...
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Drive off the corner has alot to do with acceleration. At NHIS cornerspeed has an even greater effect than longer faster tracks since the straighs are so short. And even if you didn't feel like you were closing in on him I bet you were carrying more speed mid corner. I would suspect that in an even rollon the Ducati would beat the Hawk.
        Faster than your mother... She's what the pros use.

Comment

hypermotards are overrated holmes

Comment

hypermotards are overrated holmes
            ...enrique, you crack me up already and you're only 4 posts in...
            ride Red.

Comment

Come on bud You surprised by this? Simple math! Hypermotard only puts out 80HP at the rear wheel. Remember I brought two of them to JD Hord's to dyno? Stock and full system (80 and 86 respectively)

That's really not much more horsepower than your racebike is putting out, and your Hawk is way way lighter. (Hyper clocking in around 400 wet). Add on top of that the fact the Hyper drags it's pegs incredibly easy (and shift / brake levers) so minimal ground clearance doesn't help things...

Hyper is the most 'fun' bike I've ever ridden. It's insanely fun on the street and pretty damn cool on the track. But don't go confusing it for a 'sportbike' anytime soon. Apples to oranges!
              CVMA Expert 434
              LD Designs :: Pirelli :: Racer's Edge :: Woodcraft :: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Comment

I can smell the fear.

Don't worry dood. You will still have a job.

Check out the post date.

Maybe this should be a poll. Since when has the HAWK been concidered a sport bike? OR is it?
                Gino
                Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
                2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
                2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
                LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
                ECK RACING

Comment

I love the Duc Hypermotard... all except that silly duck bill! Other than that it's a killer looking bike.
                  Sundad acoustic guitar duo
                  http://www.sundad.com
                  Check us out on Youtube:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dqw8Fd-iL8

Comment

Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
                    I can smell the fear.

Don't worry dood. You will still have a job.

Check out the post date.

Maybe this should be a poll. Since when has the HAWK been concidered a sport bike? OR is it?

Well *YOUR* Hawk is a sportbike (superbike even)

I saw the post date. Had to give you some grief thou. "Still have a job" hahaha that's funny.
                    CVMA Expert 434
                    LD Designs :: Pirelli :: Racer's Edge :: Woodcraft :: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Comment

:lolup: you guys crack me up

Gino I had Watt's old bike (still with Daytona gearing) down @ VIR and the initial blast down the front straight I lost a little against all kinds of riders and cc's but quickly gained it all back after the kink and made some passes going into T1 on the north course ..... MAN I love HAWKS
                      '88 High-low Hawk >bought it low and spent a ton on it
                      '88 Winning the Champ Hawk >yeah I have CW's old bike
                      '88 Traveling Hawk >drove 2200 miles to pick her up (sold)
                      '89 Mock up Hawk >just a rolling chasis to make up parts for the other Hawks
                      '?? The Unknown Hawk > don't know where it came from don't know where it's going
                      '05 CRF 450 X relegated to MX duty

Comment

Working...
                      X