Tourist Trophy playstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tourist Trophy playstation

Has anyone else tried the game Tourist Trophy? I bought it when it came out last year to help get me through the long winters we have up here in Vermont and quickly became hooked. I haven't mastered it yet but it sure is fun. I feel like someone should be next to me punching me when I whipe out so I know what racing really feels like

but seriously if you haven't seen the game and you like that sort of thing it is definitely worth a look. Any of you racers tried it? Is it what racing is really like (minus the bruises!) I read somewhere that some of the ama guys use it to learn tracks (there are more than 30 but no Loudon Also there are lots of bikes but no Hawk You can wheelie, stoppie etc, but only on the bikes that are capable of it - the ducs do it best!
    '88 Hawk GT
    '89 Harley FXSTC
    2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Haven't played, but it could be interesting. I've gotta feel bad for you guys up north. It's gotta be tough to ride when it's cold enough to kill you in ten minutes if the road doesn't do that for you.

For me, well, driving a car is kinda like playing a video game compared to riding a bike.
    '88 Hawk GT - back in the saddle
    '99 Suzuki GZ250 - the first

'87 Suzuki GSXR1100/1207cc - traded to get my Hawk back

Comment

So when can I come over?
      BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ CRF 110 Mini Motard, DUCATI: 748
      Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
      "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

I was playing last night with my friend that just got back from jennings. He was saying that lots of the AMA guys he met down there mentioned that they play a couple hours every night, TT or Gran Tourismo, either one.

Dunno if this translates to reality but we were doing fifth gear power wheelies on the high speed circuit on cbr and gsxr liter bikes

Comment

I got a PS2 and the TT game... went to hook it up and play last night and I don't have the power block. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

I guess I am just going to have to spend time wrenching on my bike in my freezing cold, Carbon monoxide fume filled garage.

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc
            I got a PS2 and the TT game... went to hook it up and play last night and I don't have the power block. Hopefully that will be coming soon.

I guess I am just going to have to spend time wrenching on my bike in my freezing cold, Carbon monoxide fume filled garage.
            i have one of thoes stupidly bright halogen work lights... i set them down by me and aim them at my legs/the floor....

they provide enough light just reflecting off of everything, and it makes it a little warmer... both from the light, and the physiological effect of it looking like im on the surface of the sun.

anyway, back on topic... i played it in best buy one time... seemed cool, but i dont have a playstation.

Comment

does the game come on pc
              i played motogp2 when that came out and drifting a turn was hard to master.
              and all the tracks where there and pretty well done. i fallow motogp every season and the tracks looked framiler. i know those guys play video games to learn the turns and what lines to run on any given track. because the game creaters think about that stuff sometimes.
              so if your going to a track you have never been on i would help a little to play a well made video game that has that track.
              1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

It is alot of fun to watch the replay movie!

Hey Doc- are you back?
                '88 Hawk GT
                '89 Harley FXSTC
                2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Re: Tourist Trophy playstation

You can wheelie almost everybike....the trick is to rock it....accelerate hard...then while still in first gear...slam on the front brakes...then as soon as the rear wheel is off the ground accelerate again...the wheel will catch and pull the front end up...repeat until desired effect is achieved...thanks for your time

Originally Posted by motorcycleman
                  Has anyone else tried the game Tourist Trophy? I bought it when it came out last year to help get me through the long winters we have up here in Vermont and quickly became hooked. I haven't mastered it yet but it sure is fun. I feel like someone should be next to me punching me when I whipe out so I know what racing really feels like

but seriously if you haven't seen the game and you like that sort of thing it is definitely worth a look. Any of you racers tried it? Is it what racing is really like (minus the bruises!) I read somewhere that some of the ama guys use it to learn tracks (there are more than 30 but no Loudon Also there are lots of bikes but no Hawk You can wheelie, stoppie etc, but only on the bikes that are capable of it - the ducs do it best!
                  Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Comment

we just got it last week, and so far, it's only kinda accurate. for instance, you absolutely cannot brake as hard when you're leaned over in real life as you can in a panic in the game.

one thing other than learning specific tracks that it seems really for is how to look at a track and learn the best lines for different sorts of corners/series of corners, and how to hit the apexes at the right spot at the right speed. You can totally screw something up a bunch of times until you get it right.

I think actually riding is a lot easier than playing the game, but then I'm super slow on the track, and with unlimited lives in video game world, I crash constantly. I've also always sucked at video games in general. We'll see when it warms up if I've actually learned anything from the game.
                    '88 Hawk - Street '89 Hawk - Track '67 Fiat 500 - Luigi follow only the Ferraris

Comment

I've noticed that its a lot harder to see into the corners now that my roommate that had the 50" HD has moved out

Comment

Put that on my list...

50" HDTV for the PS2

Comment

Working...
                        X