front numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front numbers

for those of you running bare hawks on the track, what are you doing for front number plates? it looks like from some of the pics I've seen that some have screens with no lights, but some of the mabe pics looked like they had some sorta front plate holder set up...
    Mike/Kilter
    They smile because I'm different--I laugh because they are all the same

Most of us on MABE have custom brackets we've made up to hold the plates and/or windscreens.

Matt Stone's 834 Hawk for instance has a Buell Lightening front cowl that acts as his plate. My Hawk on the other hand has just a standard numberplate you get from Street and Comp mounted to custom brackets.. and that's it. (used to have a whole R1 fairing.. but that's gone). Bob Stone (672) has a hybrid SV cowl / Street and Comp plate job.. again mounted to custom brackets.

The brackets are made out of aluminum stock and just you know, bend, drilled, and mounted.

Hit up the MABE Forum (myself and Gino only MABE guys that check here) and holler. Get more info on it than I'm sure you could want. Matt, Gene, and Bob are the real good custom widget guys.. me.. not so much

Link to plates ($3.33 each.. woo) http://www.streetandcomp.com/mcart/i...ers+%26+Plates

Here's Bob Stone's SV cowl / standard plate combo.

CVMA Expert 434
    LD Designs :: Pirelli :: Racer's Edge :: Woodcraft :: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Comment

How is it exactly that numbers are chosen? I mean, given that I'm riding a RC31, what are the chances I could get #31 or #647, etc? Just curious.
      1988 "BlackHawk" project
      1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
      1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
      People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

From what I understand... If the number is already taken you are screwed. You get to pic from what is not there (I think you get 3 choices and if none of those are good you need to keep trying)

Noobs start with 3 numbers and the experts get 1 and 2 number combos.

I am going for 343, 911, 116, 115, 333, 222...
        BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
        Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
        "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc
          From what I understand... If the number is already taken you are screwed. You get to pic from what is not there (I think you get 3 choices and if none of those are good you need to keep trying)

Noobs start with 3 numbers and the experts get 1 and 2 number combos.

I am going for 343, 911, 116, 115, 333, 222...

Below info for LRRS
          -----------------------------------

Single Digit #'s - Only past LRRS Champions can run them. Most are in use and obviously very hard to get.

Double Digit #'s - For Expert only riders with 1 year in Expert completed

Triple Digit #'s - Everyone else. First come first serve.

If you have the # for 2006 season you have till Mid-Offseason to renew your license and get it again. After mid-offseason it goes back on the open market. When you fill out your App you have 3 choices you can put down. List them in the order you want them. If first choice is taken.. it moves down the list. Also you can just show up at the track and there is a List of available #'s at the Registration window.
          CVMA Expert 434
          LD Designs :: Pirelli :: Racer's Edge :: Woodcraft :: Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Comment

Working...
          X