Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Who's doing their first track day/racing this year...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    i'm bringing the big rig.!
    Very interested to see it in action.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Very interested to see it in action.
      TWSS

Comment

Picking up a free radial arm saw and router and table on a round about way to the track.
        Gino
        Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
        2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
        2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
        LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
        ECK RACING

Comment

Getting ready to pull the trigger on my first ever track day. Thanks to nomoduc for the invitation and all the guys I rode with at WCHR for the inspiration and confidence to make the leap. I am starting to get it together for track days at Sonoma raceway. I should have done this so many years ago.

Comment

Just survived my second track day!
            Huge thanks to Gino for the advice and encouragement, again.

Had more fun today than the last time, and learned a bunch more. Gonna be an interesting trip to Loudon this coming weekend. Yikes!

​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

Now the nervous first time jitters and the potential over zealous stupidity begins.

hopefully you dream about hitting the marks and not passing that R6

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post
                Now the nervous first time jitters and the potential over zealous stupidity begins.

hopefully you dream about hitting the marks and not passing that R6
                Hahaha... Spot on!

Comment

Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
                  Getting ready to pull the trigger on my first ever track day. Thanks to nomoduc for the invitation and all the guys I rode with at WCHR for the inspiration and confidence to make the leap. I am starting to get it together for track days at Sonoma raceway. I should have done this so many years ago.
                  It'll be fun. That's what it's about. Learning and applying what tire shown, give you confidence in yourself and the bike. You'll get hooked.
                  Lynn
                  ATGATT

Comment

Originally Posted by Rusty Nails View Post
                    When are you going, and how are you prepping for it? Any particular questions/concerns/etc. that you'd like to share?

Comment

Rick Track day is June 10th. Just registered in the novice class. Mostly just getting my gear dialed in. Class 2 protective armor and a snell rated helmet. Some of it I already had but never really dialed in. I have a class 2 jacket and track pants but the zippers were different... That kind of thing. I was fortunate to have acquired a track ready bike, so not too much on that front. Also after seeing dannys bikes I want to stay true to the stock. But I am definitely thinking about that front rim size, would like to widen the front rim. Also braking is on my mind, would like to do a 4 pot conversion on the front caliper and floating rotor. Cosmetically, cleaning up the stock tail would be cool, but I am ridiculously over busy lately so I have to be careful about what I tear into.

Comment

ST1300.jpg just a walk in the park Kazansky.

Pirelli Angel front 18" rim . maybe i should go to a smaller rim.....
                        Michelin PR3 in the rear with a patch and a plug... maybe i should get a new rear tire......
                        Maybe i should match tire brands and compounds..
                        maybe i should get a bike that weighs less than 750#

Naaaaaaaaa. just ride!!!!!!!!

I wore the slider off the left and right pegs in the instructor session. LOL this was NOT that session fosho! Reminds me. I have to connect my Front brake light switch. I was wondering why the cars were not as close to me in the commute in today..

never dragged the side of my boot ether. Check
                        Gino
                        Chain Roller

ECK RACING

Comment

Hit up Loudon this past weekend for a licensing course at Penguin Racing School. In order to get a license for LRRS, you have to do the school, pass written test, survive rookie race next day, and complete another race without incident. I'm glad to report that I survived the whole process and an additional 2 races on Sunday. Woot woot!
                          I managed to get time down in each race, and ended the weekend with 1:35:701. I know, I know... nothing to write home about, by a far margin. BUT, another proof that if I can do it, YOU can do it too!

Glad to share the experience in more detail, for anyone that may be interested.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rick View Post
                            Hit up Loudon this past weekend for a licensing course at Penguin Racing School. In order to get a license for LRRS, you have to do the school, pass written test, survive rookie race next day, and complete another race without incident. I'm glad to report that I survived the whole process and an additional 2 races on Sunday. Woot woot!
                            I managed to get time down in each race, and ended the weekend with 1:35:701. I know, I know... nothing to write home about, by a far margin. BUT, another proof that if I can do it, YOU can do it too!

Glad to share the experience in more detail, for anyone that may be interested.
                            did anyone get canned for being an asshat?

Comment

Originally Posted by nozzle View Post

did anyone get canned for being an asshat?
                              Ah... you want the juice!
                              A 14 year-old was pulled out of the class, after crashing (maybe twice), when the instructors decided he simply was not ready. Other than that, everything went smoothly.
                              There was another gentleman who had no track experience. Passed the class and I believe got his license too. Exactly as nt650hawk had told me, you can tell right away when someone has had no track experience. I'm glad I took two classes before going to Loudon, and plan on taking some more courses.

Comment

He's awake. how exciting/ tired are you. bet you can't stop thinking about it and when the next time you are back out there!!!
                                Gino
                                Chain Roller

ECK RACING

Comment

Working...
                                X